"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood

Old 10-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #11
Head Chef

my favorite way

saute garlic and onions, add shrimp, chix broth, or seafood stock, lemon juice and lemon zest and add fettcini or linguine. pinch of hot pepper flakes. sometimes i add lil white wine, salt and pepper

Old 07-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia13 View Post
Does anybody know if it is a good idea adding rosemary in the tomato sauce with the shrimps?
I tried, with a tomato sauce for pasta, but I really didn't like the outcome. In my personal taste these two flavors don't mix well.
But you can try!

Old 07-18-2012, 05:03 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Pasta Section & Ethnic Section

There are uncountable Pasta recipes in the Pasta Section combining both a variety of pastas, short and ribbon style as well as home made and tortellini, ravioli and lasagnes utilizing Shellfish, shrimp, mussels etcetra ...

A San Francisco Cioppino can be quite lovely, or a Shrimp Scampi, which I had posted during the spring 2012 ...

Have a lovely Wednesday,
Ciao, Margi Cintrano
Old 07-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayScriptures View Post
Anybody out there have a good recipe involving pasta (any kind) and shrimp?

I'm hoping someone has a good one that involves tomato sauce and the shrimp, if something like that exists out there. Also, (not that it really matters) I currently have in my pantry penne, whole wheat spaghetti, and tri-color rotini.

Thanks!
here's one i prepared earlier!!.cook your pasta al dente,drain then mix in a little evoo to prevent the pasta sticking while you cook the shrimp.sweat some garlic & chilli in some evoo,chuck in some cherry tomatoes,wait til they pop,add some torn basil,ground black pepper & your shrimp,cook,toss your pasta back in the tomato/shrimp mix to reheat it.done,simple as that,enjoy! i used mixed seafood,wine & saffron but the principle is the same.would work with any of the pasta you have got
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SEAFOOD FETTUCINE FINALE 001.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	14400  
Old 07-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Lazzari View Post
I tried, with a tomato sauce for pasta, but I really didn't like the outcome. In my personal taste these two flavors don't mix well.
But you can try!
with you on that one buddy,IMO rosemary can be a "bully boy" flavour sometimes.on the other hand scallops & fresh sage can work if you've got a light touch,but not in a tomato sauce either IMO
Old 07-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
Head Chef

Got Vodka?

Add your cooked shrimp, cooked crumbled bacon, & cooked penne to Tomato-Vodka sauce.

Bloody Mary shrimp cocktail.

If you have fresh tomatoes, you can make gazpacho w/ shrimp, or a crab & shrimp louis salad.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
Got Vodka?

Add your cooked shrimp, cooked crumbled bacon, & cooked penne to Tomato-Vodka sauce.

Bloody Mary shrimp cocktail.

If you have fresh tomatoes, you can make gazpacho w/ shrimp, or a crab & shrimp louis salad.
ah hah,of course cerise,you're right......voddy....nice one!!.i always keep a bottle in my freezer
Old 07-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Friends this is an old THREAD from 2009 and many of the then members are NOT members any more. Why not post you recipe if there is one in the correct forum. That way it will be here if anyone wants to make a copy!!!
kadesma
Old 07-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Sear shrimp in a pan but don't cook them through, remove and deglaze with 1/4 cup water, remove brown bits and reduce water until it's a thick paste. Add marinara sauce and mix with the pan contents. Add shrimp and simmer 1-2 minutes until just done and toss quickly with pasta and serve with basil.

But that's just what I'd do.

And I know someone's going to suggest wine/spirits/whatever instead of water but the marinara (that I use, I've posted the recipe) already has a balanced flavor profile and adding wine just upsets that balance. The water is there solely to remove the brown bits from the bottom of the pan to add more crusty shrimp flavor to the sauce.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
Master Chef

I purchase unpeeled, easy- peel shrimp so that I can use the shells to make a flavorful broth that is then easily made into a sauce for pasta, or whatever I need a shrimp flavored broth for. You could even use the broth to cook the pasta in, if you salt it just a bit. That would certainly enhance the pasta flavor.

But then again, you could use it to make a lovely aspic with a bit of tomato and horseradish mixed in, to use as a dressing for the pasta and shrimp, like shrimp cocktail. And now that I think about it, what would be wrong with making the linquini, adding shrimp, sweated onion, a bit of red bell pepper, a light sprinkling of grated Parmigiano Regiano, and some shrimp cocktail sauce?

That would taste pretty good.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None