ISO Pickled shrimp recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
A couple of summers' ago, I think it was RockLobster who posted a pickled shrimp recipe that he took to a BBQ (or maybe it was someone else). I thought I had saved it, can't find it. Scrolled through the Fish/Seafood sub-forum, couldn't find it. Does anyone have it or could the OP point me to it or repost it?

I remember making this recipe and although it was good, it's more of a marinade then pickled since there is no vinegar.

39817-albums371-picture4394.jpg

I made this one some time back and was very good.
Bobby’s Pickled Shrimp in a Jar — Jamie and Bobby Deen — Recipes, Blogs, Podcast and Videos
Thanks for the reminder, will be making this weekend.
Happy Holidays

I have never seen that method of cooking shrimp, do the shrimp stay crunchy?

I usually plunge the raw, shell on, shrimp into boiling liquid for about 2 maybe 3 minutes until they turn pink and float aggressively on the top of the liquid, then put them in ice water to cool while I peel them.

I'm losing it. I just read the linked thread and realized I had made this recipe back in 2011. I don't remember it. I checked my file and found the recipe and my appended notes. I think I'll try it again.

I was in the same boat--I made it, but couldn't find the recipe. And we have Meyer lemons in the stores now. Love Meyer lemons...

Back
Top Bottom