ISO sauce for oyster po-boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Kim's frying up a mess of oysters tonight, and we have some wonderful homemade potato rolls that Katie baked for us, and I was thinking of making mini po-boys. What kind of sauce/dressing would you use?

my true-blue cajun hubby and i just slather w/hellman's mayo...and sometimes dress w/lettuce and a dash of hot sauce.

my true-blue cajun hubby and i just slather w/hellman's mayo...and sometimes dress w/lettuce and a dash of hot sauce.
:) Man that sounds good I also think a flavored mayonaise might be good like some tabasco sauce mixed in the mayo plus shredded lettuce and definately some great cole slaw on the side.

My favorites for Oyster Po' Boys (or for plain fried oyster dipping) are mayo with hot sauce, mayo with fresh chopped tarragon & a dash of tarragon vinegar, a nice spicy tartar sauce, &/or a remoulade (or spiced up Thousand Island dressing).

Well, Kim ended up mixing up catsup, Miracle Whip, horseradish, squeeze of fresh lemon, dash of La. Hot Sauce, and dash of Worchestershire. It was spicy but not too hot.
We didn't have any tomatoes, but he shredded a little lettuce, heated up the rolls (which were wonderful!), and we had great little Po Boys!

That man can fry some great oysters! For the coating, he used 1/4 Andy's fish fry coating and 3/4 flour, did the double dip with egg/milk, and fried in the skillet until just golden. I ate so many I was on the verge of a belly ache.
Just the verge, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom