ISO Shark Steak Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
I just bought a pound of shark steak. I dont know why, it just looked good.

Help me out, this is my first shark cooking experience. I dont even know if its cool to eat the blue skin on it.

I like shark much better than I like swordfish. It stays moister regardless of how you cook it.

For steaks (like Mako) I literally use any recipe for swordfish or tuna - it always turns out great.

For thick strips (like BlackTip), I either cut them into chunks & make kabobs, or I "butterfly" them & cook them as I'd do any firm filet.

Thanks guys, heres the recipe, I got it from cooks.com (all recipes is rubbish)

TERIYAKI SHARK STEAKS
2 lbs. shark steaks
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. butter
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. lemon juice

Marinate shark steaks in mixture of teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice for 4 to 5 hours. Remove. Mix other ingredients with marinade. Broil steaks about 4" from hot coals for 5 to 8 minutes, basting often. Turn fish and broil 5 minutes more until fish flakes.

I will return in a while and let you know how they turned out....wish me luck...

It came out like filet mignion.

I garnished with lemon and home made pot sticker sauce.
Served with sticky rice.

Its great being on top of the food chain.

Shark is GREAT eationg, I love Mako in particular. Season with s&p, grilled and rubbed with horseradish, dollop of creme fraiche, and a squeeze of lemon. Good stuff.

And yes, I too enjoy eating anything that given the chance would eat me.

This is good fish when fresh of course, is not exotic-tasting like many may think!

My technique is to s&p the fish then brush it frequently with simple mixture of fresh lemon juice and butter while grilling it.

You said it Mr.Steak, it tasted like a really good steak to me... Lemon really brings out a flavor in it, less seems to be more with shark.

Oh, one more fun recipe to make with shark is what I call "Shark Bites". A restaurant back in NY used to make something similar with swordfish & they were terrific, but I much prefer them with shark (catchier title, too - lol!!).

Anyway, all you do is remove the skin, if present, from the shark steak & cut into bite-size cubes. Then toss the cubes lightly in some flour seasoned with some salt, pepper, paprika, & granulated garlic. Heat some extra-virgin olive oil or half-&-half olive oil & butter in either a cast-iron pan or a wok & pan-fry the shark cubes until lightly browned & cooked through. Serve with lots of lemon wedges.

These can be served as an appetizer - either plated or stuck with toothpicks - or as an entree.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom