This earthenware clay prepared Fish Stew can be prepared in uncountable variations ... as you can see from Photo Below on our terrace antique unbleached wooden table ...
Here is one of our numerous family recipes:
ITALIAN CORAL AND WHITE FISH STEW ... ( for two ladies )
100 grams French or Scandinavian Creamy Butter
1 dozen Jumbo Prawns ( or shrimps )
1 dozen Sea Scallops or other delicate white flesh fish or Lobster or Crab
200 grams Fresh Salmon of Choice or Fresh Perch or Carp ( sliced in 6 chunks )
200 grams of Fresh Turbot, Sea Bass or Brill or Corvina ( sliced in 6 chunks )
3 shallots minced finely
1 Leek sliced finely
1 carrot sliced finely
60 Ml. Dry Italian White Wine
250 Ml. Cooking Cream
2 tablespoons Snipped Chives for garnish
1. In skillet, melt the butter and sauté the shallots and then the leek, carrot ( and if you wish to employ, garlic )
2. separately addthe fish in three steps; the salmon or carp or perch; then the turbot or brill or seabass and the prawns thirdly: sauté until light golden in 20 grams of butter
3. strain the fish varieties on absorbent paper towelling and reserve
4. now add the shallots again and sauté 2 minutes, then the carrot and the Leek and sauté 7 to 8 minutes covered on simmer - slow cooking method - low flame
5. add the white wine, and reduce ... and then, add the cream and simmer another 5 minutes and stir ...
6. add the fish and shrimp gradually and season with salt and pepper, fresh herbs and simmer 2 to 3 minutes longer
7. decorate garnish with snipped chives and serve immediately
*** serve with a glass of dry white wine, crusty bread for dipping and / or Grossini Bread Sticks ... Serve with a Rocket ( arugula ) salad and cherry tomato ...
prepared in: Puglia, Italia