King Prawns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amnesia180

Assistant Cook
Hi All,

Just a quick question regarding King Prawns. I’ve bought some from Asda (Walmart) and it says I can freeze them. I assume I have to defrost them before use? Anyway, what oil would you cook them in (Oyster Sauce? Or just Olive Oil or something?) and for how long?
I’m going to be having them with egg fried rice and possibly sweet & sour sauce? (Unless you can suggest a better sauce to have them with).

Thanks in advance!

You could grill them, bake them, broil them, boil them or
saute them or even batter and deep fat fry them.

I prefer saute, bake and broil - I marinate them first in a bit
of olive oil, soy sauce, garlic.

If saute I use Peanut oil and cook for a min. or 2 on each side depending
on size. I generally use 21-25 (# prawns per pound).
Once they turn bright pink flip them over, when pink on both sides - that's it for me.

Hi All,

Just a quick question regarding King Prawns. I’ve bought some from Asda (Walmart) and it says I can freeze them. I assume I have to defrost them before use? Anyway, what oil would you cook them in (Oyster Sauce? Or just Olive Oil or something?) and for how long?
I’m going to be having them with egg fried rice and possibly sweet & sour sauce? (Unless you can suggest a better sauce to have them with).

Thanks in advance!

If you are going to have them with fried rice and sweet and sour, you might want to fry them in a tempura batter.

you have to defrost them before you cook them. put them in a bag and throw it in hot water but dont defrost in the microwave.

I usally do mine in a butter and garlic mix in a frying pan. Once they get pink I let them cook for another 5-10 mins depending on the size of them.

When I bake them I do a bit of olive oil, garlic, onion diced, cilantro and salt/pepper, oven at 350 and bake for 15 mins.

you have to defrost them before you cook them. put them in a bag and throw it in hot water but dont defrost in the microwave.

I usally do mine in a butter and garlic mix in a frying pan. Once they get pink I let them cook for another 5-10 mins depending on the size of them.

When I bake them I do a bit of olive oil, garlic, onion diced, cilantro and salt/pepper, oven at 350 and bake for 15 mins.
I think you are right.

Back
Top Bottom