Need Advice Re: Resmoking Salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For some reason, I picture you in a purple "fairy dress" with a magic wand that sprinkles joy and laughter with every wave...:LOL:

Tis more like a black suit of heavy armor with a claymore and a battle cry "die spammer die"... :mrgreen:

I happen to like both hot and cold smoked. Of course depending on manufacture there is a world of difference in quality and taste. I get this salmon (you can get the whole fish) in a Russian store here it is made by a company in NY, (is posting the names ok? It is called Haifa fish, if you ever see their product, especially the red caviar, get it), it is to die for. Supper yum.

As far as making deeps, it is a very good idea in my book. You can use both hot or cold smoked to make them.

Do you have a favorite dip recipe for about 3/4 pound of hot smoked salmon, Charlie?

I'm sorry i do not. I just throw stuff in the food pr. and go by taste. add what i have at home, or what i think it may need. But in all the truth I have not met any smoked salmon that i did not like it yet. I love smoke fish, i think I can live on it.

We should all be so lucky to have PF work in our office :LOL:

This is a Smoked Salmon Spread I have made using Hot smoked Salmon. I got the recipe from Sunset Cookbook Classics. It's been modified, and no longer have the original.

Smoked Salmon Spread or Dip

1 package cream cheese (8-oz.) -- room temperature
1/3 cup smoked salmon or lox (about 3-oz.) -- chopped ( I use more)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
few shakes Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon onion -- minced ( I use green onions + tops)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp. dill weed
Dill sprigs -- (opt.)

Beat cream cheese, salmon, sour cream, lime juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco and onion until well blended and fluffy. Mix in chopped dill. Transfer to a small bowl. If made ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature. To make dip consistency add more sour cream.

If desired, garnish with dill sprigs.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Another Dip I make is to combine one package dry Ranch dressing to one carton sour cream. Fold in snipped parsley ( Lots, I like parsely), Snipped green onion tops only, and snipped fresh dill to taste. Then add as much crumbled hot smoked salmon as you like. I have used cold smoked salmon doing this too, but it isn't as smooth.

Whiskadoodle said:
We should all be so lucky to have PF work in our office :LOL:

This is a Smoked Salmon Spread I have made using Hot smoked Salmon. I got the recipe from Sunset Cookbook Classics. It's been modified, and no longer have the original.

Smoked Salmon Spread or Dip

1 package cream cheese (8-oz.) -- room temperature
1/3 cup smoked salmon or lox (about 3-oz.) -- chopped ( I use more)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
few shakes Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon onion -- minced ( I use green onions + tops)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp. dill weed
Dill sprigs -- (opt.)

Beat cream cheese, salmon, sour cream, lime juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco and onion until well blended and fluffy. Mix in chopped dill. Transfer to a small bowl. If made ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature. To make dip consistency add more sour cream.

If desired, garnish with dill sprigs.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Another Dip I make is to combine one package dry Ranch dressing to one carton sour cream. Fold in snipped parsley ( Lots, I like parsely), Snipped green onion tops only, and snipped fresh dill to taste. Then add as much crumbled hot smoked salmon as you like. I have used cold smoked salmon doing this too, but it isn't as smooth.

This sounds good, Whiska! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom