New to Red Snapper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danpeikes

Senior Cook
I picked up some red snapper for a late dinner tonight. I plan on having it over sme pasta dressed simply with good olive oil and garlic. I am in search of good flavors and cooking methods for the snapper. I have a pretty well stocked spice cabinet and fresh herbs growing on the balcony. I have lemon and lime juice and lots of other potential flavors that could go with it. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

i would just sprinkle it with garlic powder and pepper, maybe a bit of paprika and pan fry quickly in butter. squeeze a bit of lemon on it. serve on the rice. i generally cook fish that. red snapper and other fish has such delicate taste that i try not to overdo the seasoning.

Dan - chances are better than excellent that (pre-pubescent or not - lol!) you don't have the true "Red Snapper" that June is talking about. These days, 99% of the "red snapper" sold in fish markets are most likely one of half a dozen different species - none of which are endangered - but all of which are given the name of "Red Snapper" for marketing purposes. True "Red Snapper" is rarely, if ever, found for sale in the markets these day, unless you're shopping the coastal markets where they are caught.

But since all the counterfeits still have the mild white flesh that true Red Snapper is prized for, please do enjoy your fish without any guilt. If I were you, I'd dress it simply with lemon juice & your herbs of choice & either bake it or broil it before enjoying on your bed of greens. Sounds scrumptious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom