Potted Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
A friend of ours who owns a restaruant sometimes runs by and asks what do you think of this or that..He knew the girls would be here today and came by with potted crab..He want's to add it to the menu as a first course..I tell you, it was so good..I'd have eaten the whole thing, but it is rich and my gall bladder said NO WAY!! Both my girls loved it as well. He was also kind enough to hand over a recipe which I'd like to share with you..Would like to hear what you think!
you need:
1- large cooked crab
nutmeg, a whole one for grating
2-pinches cayenne pepper or mace
juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
1-c. salted butter
salt and pepper
to serve: buttered toast ( yep more butter :LOL: )
lemon wedges
If the crab is not prepared pick out all meat, make sure to get the claws. lightly mix up the crab meat but not to fine, season well with salt,pepper and a good grating of fresh whole nutmeg,cayenne and lemon juice.
Melt half the butter in a pan and carefully stir in the crab. Turn the mixture out into 4-6 small ramekins. Melt the remaining butter in clean pan over med heat, then continue heating for a few minutes til it stopes bubbling. Allow sediment to settle, the carefully pour the clarified butter over the crab. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving, with buttered toast points and lemon wedges..I have to say again, this ws yummy...
kadesma:)

jpmcgrew said:
:) Copied and pasted.Sounds yummy.
It is JP, it was so good. I still have part of mine left and as soon as this gall bladder calms down, hurt again or not, I'm having the rest:LOL: I'll think about the pain tomorrow:LOL:

kadesma

Constance said:
How could that NOT be could?
Kadesma, my doctor has put me on Nexium, and for the first time I can eat just about anything.
Connie,
my son takes nexium, I keep zantac in the house just in case, so many of us have G E R D that these meds really help keep it under control. I wouldn't be without it..It's nice to eat and not be in pain.

You can also make this recipe using diced lobster or shrimp. I haven't tried it with lobster, but shrimp done this way is delicious!

BreezyCooking said:
You can also make this recipe using diced lobster or shrimp. I haven't tried it with lobster, but shrimp done this way is delicious!
Thanks for the tip Breezy, I'll have to try the shrimp as my family really loves them.

Back
Top Bottom