Prawns with aniseed alcohol...no really this is yummy :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

siloway

Assistant Cook
When I was living in Lyon, France a friend of mine took me to "Les Halles" which is basically one of Lyons several renouwnd gastranomical centres...anyway won't bore you with more details but I first tasted prawns with aniseed liqueur there and they are amazing, recreated the recipe at home, dead simple.

* A good handfull of prawns
* A good piece of butter say 20-30g
* Pastis - ricard or any other spirit that is minimum 40° proof as it needs to be flambéed
* Couple of tablespoons of chopped parsley
* 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
* Pepper
* Salt

Throw the butter in a frying pan, when it heats up, toss in the garlic and caramelise a little.

Take the shells and intestines off the prawns and throw them in. Fry them over a medium heat until they cooked and very slighly browned.

Now throw in a cap or two of the aniseed liqueur, wait 5 seconds for it to heat, stand back and light it. Once it goes out, let the sauce caramelise a bit.

Put the prawns on a plate, coat with the cooking juices, thow some chopped parsley over it and enjoy.

I usually hate aniseed, this is the only way I have ever tolerated the stuff but man it's nice like that!

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
mmmm I know someone who would go absolutely nuts over this one. :wub: Can't wait to surprise him with it ~ thanks for sharing!

with you on that

mmmm I know someone who would go absolutely nuts over this one. :wub: Can't wait to surprise him with it ~ thanks for sharing!

My wife goes pretty nuts for this one too :ROFLMAO:.

Back
Top Bottom