REC--Tilapia Fajitas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I'm trying this for dinner tomorrow night. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Tilapia Fajitas
1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red hot pepper
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 tomato, diced
10 each10-inch flour tortillas
chunky salsa for garnish
guacamole for garnish
cheddar cheese, shredded, for garnish

Preparation:

Combine garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, lime juice, crushed red pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Marinate tilapia fillets 30 minutes to 1 hour in a zip style plastic bag.

Heat oil in large frying pan on medium heat. Sauté onions, for 5minutes, add peppers and cook until just hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place peppers and onions on a serving dish. Keep hot.

Remove tilapia fillets from marinade and cook in frying pan on medium heat until fish flakes easily with fork. Place finished fish on serving dish over peppers and onions; serve with tortillas, salsa, guacamole and shredded cheese.

I just bought some frozen tilapia fillets, and was wondering about something different to do with them. Let us know how they turn out!

Constance said:
I just bought some frozen tilapia fillets, and was wondering about something different to do with them. Let us know how they turn out!

Constance, they were really good! I'd definitely make them again. Hubby had his with the peppers and salsa. I decide to make a "slaw" for mine and combined shredded purple cabbage, carrots and ranch dressing (all I had on hand!). Both were quite delicious!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom