Recipe for slightly spicy red salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jurdoc

Assistant Cook
hey yall I haven't posted in awhile, and I thought I *had* to share this divine recipe for "spicy red salmon"

I bought a large fillet of Copper River Red salmon (I live in Alaska, so it's cheap!) :D
Now I set it in a large glassware baking dish, and marinade for 30 minutes prior to baking. (bake with marinade) using 2 parts sesame chili oil, 2 parts red wine vinegar, and 1 part soy sauce, making sure the marinade reaches well up onto the fillet but not the top.

then apply liberally:
dillweed, lemon pepper, paprika (this less liberally)
take a chili paste (sriracha sauce) without seeds and dab small dots of it up and down the length of the fillet spaced about an inch apart each. the droplets do not need to be very big, this stuff is very spicy, and if not used sparingly will give you a severe case of methane sickness afterwards.

cover the fillet with lemon slices

bake at 370 for 20 minutes covered.

now the sauce...

you need
1/2 an avocado
3/4 cup skim milk
1 tbsp mayo
1/3 tsp salt and brown sugar
1 tbsp dill pickle brine (from the jar in the fridge)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp salsa
1/3 tsp chili paste (sriracha sauce)

blend in a blender, make sure it is just a bit more liquid than creamy, well...it WILL be creamy, but make sure it's more poury then pasty

warm and drizzle over salmon when served.

I suggest a 1988 Cabernet, in the theme of "red"
we're talking one seriously delicious dish, and the spices aren't too overwhelming on the palate, as the lemon pepper and lemon slices, I think, help mellow out some of the paprika and chili paste, all the while expanding the rich taste that is associated with red salmon.

Enjoy, I know I did!

-dan:chef:

This sounds rather tasty. When salmon goes on sale here, I will give it a whirl!
Can't be bad with chili AND pickle juice! ;)

to be honest, I totally winged it. I just decided I wanted to focus on "mildly spicy" when I was seasoning/marinading the fillet...the sauce was a recipe in a cookbook, which I modified with the dill brine, salsa, and chili paste...and vinegar....but it turned out so insanely delicious I wrote it down right away, and had to share. I do hope you like. I take it you mainly eat Atlantic Salmon?

I mainly eat the flash frozen salmon from the grocery store, LOL!
I THINK it is Alaskan, but it could be farm raised.

Gotta stay away from the GOOD fresh salmon, or I might never be
happy with my frozen fish again, LOLOL wahhhhhh!

Back
Top Bottom