Red Snapper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The absolute best Red Snapper I ever ate was a whole fish(headless) filled with a wonderful seafood dressing/stuffing and baked. I do not have a the recipe but I am sure you could find one. So baked with some type dressing is an idea!

Enjoy!

JG, I'll have to look for it later, but I have an awesome stuffed red snapper recipe. I made it as a special entree for one of Buck's birthday parties. Everyone, espcially Buck, raved about it. Even if I do say so myself, it was wonderful.

I love red snapper and if I lived near you, I'd help you get rid of some of it.:rolleyes::LOL:

I've had Red Snapper slow hot smoked, grilled, broiled and baked (with and without stuffings) - whole and fillets. I've never had it pan fried or deep fried.

I usually dredge mine in flour, dip it in egg, then coat it in flour seasoned with Cajun spices (either from a jar or home made), then throw it into a screaming hot cast iron frying pan for blackened red fish, I serve it up with red beans & rice, hushpuppies, and Cajun coleslaw (no mayonaise!). In fact, I believe I still have three or four red snapper fillets in my freezer, so I think maybe I will make that this week sometime, or on the week-end.

All of these suggestions are great!

If youre like me and think outside the box, try this....

Tai. Red Snapper over Sushi Rice. Serve with Wasabi and Soy...

tai.jpg :cool:

omg JGDean, i'm so jealous. dad used to catch redfish (that's what we called it in south TX) when he went fishing, and i haven't had it in years. it's a wonderfully flavored fish, just a little sweet, not "fishy" at all. grilling would be a great idea to preserve that delicate flavor without overpowering it. Michael, it's *heavenly* fried (light batter, don't get the thick heavy beer-battering thing going on).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom