Request for Best Salmon Recipes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Place Salmon fillets in a plastic ziplock bag, pour over half a cup of soy sauce, 2 tbs of honey, juice of one lemon, 1 tbs of light olive oil and half a tsp of chilli flakes. Close bag and gently massage till marinade coats all parts of the fish. Leave in the fridge for about 1 hour. Sear salmon in a hot pan with a little oil on both sides. Allow to rest for 5 mins, slice thinly and serve with sticky rice or in a crisp green salad.

That sounds wonderful Snip...we love our atlantic salmon so we will certainly be trying this one :yum:

Place Salmon fillets in a plastic ziplock bag, pour over half a cup of soy sauce, 2 tbs of honey, juice of one lemon, 1 tbs of light olive oil and half a tsp of chilli flakes. Close bag and gently massage till marinade coats all parts of the fish. Leave in the fridge for about 1 hour. Sear salmon in a hot pan with a little oil on both sides. Allow to rest for 5 mins, slice thinly and serve with sticky rice or in a crisp green salad.
Thanks Snip, I don't care very much for salmon but your recipe makes me want to give it a go again.
kades

Scandinavian fish recipes often use fresh dill. The Scandinavian cooking show site (featured on PBS) has a lot of salmon recipes (newscancook.com).

This site also has a lot of Scandinavian salmon recipes:

Scandinavian Salmon Recipes | Yummly

I occasionally watch that show. The dumbest one I saw was when they filmed on top of the highest mountain they could find. That poor guy was shivering so hard he could hardly hold on to anything. I failed to understand the purpose of that particular episode. Did the producers really think a viewer was going to search for the highest mountain and cook for friends and family there? :angel:

salmon is great cause you can do it many ways: grilled, smoked, poached, for breakfast or raw for sushi. depending on the type of salmon, ie; king, coho, atlantic or pacific, it varies in flavor concentration and fat content, thus you are left with what to do with it. coho and pink both have a lower fat content, and stronger flavor, meaning you can crust and/or pan fry, its even good for sushi because of the intense flavor profile just make sure it's fresh, not frozen. for smoking, grilling and poaching you want to make sure that you have Scottish, wild Atlantic, king or pacific salmon, for a higher fat content as the fish will naturally baste itself. so as salmon is versatile, you want to base the cooking method off what type of salmon you have versus what dish do i make with salmon.

salmon is great cause you can do it many ways: grilled, smoked, poached, for breakfast or raw for sushi. depending on the type of salmon, ie; king, coho, atlantic or pacific, it varies in flavor concentration and fat content, thus you are left with what to do with it. coho and pink both have a lower fat content, and stronger flavor, meaning you can crust and/or pan fry, its even good for sushi because of the intense flavor profile just make sure it's fresh, not frozen. for smoking, grilling and poaching you want to make sure that you have Scottish, wild Atlantic, king or pacific salmon, for a higher fat content as the fish will naturally baste itself. so as salmon is versatile, you want to base the cooking method off what type of salmon you have versus what dish do i make with salmon.
Actually, for eating salmon that won't be cooked with heat, frozen is ideal. Commercially frozen fish will be free of live parasites. Most commercially frozen fish is frozen on the fishing boat and will be much fresher than "fresh fish", if you don't live near the source.

Grilled Salmon Recipe

Hi. Here is a simple and delicious recipe we really like and have quite often. Do this on the BBQ or under the Broiler.

Salmon Steaks
1/4 cup Honey
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Dry Mustard

Put Honey, Soy Sauce & Dry Mustard in the microwave for a few seconds to warm. Stir to combine.

Brush the Salmon Steaks with the mixture and BBQ or Broil until done, basting w/sauce occasionally. (check with a fork)

I like to use a fish basket when I grill fish on the BBQ (taco shaped basket w/handles) which I spray w/non-stick oil. Although sometimes I resign myself to scraping the grill afterwards. :yum:

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this one inside of anther thread awhile ago, but it's worth repeating. Love love this one:

Serve this over some mashed sweet potatoes and it's heavenly.

TNT: Salmon With Jalapeno Lime Sauce

4 (5-ounce) salmon fillets, all bones removed
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Sauce
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
3 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into a julienne
1/2 cup sour cream (low-fat is ok, non-fat isn't) or Greek-style yogurt
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
Dash of salt and pepper

Optional
Fresh lime wedges
Snipped fresh chives

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Lightly oil a shallow baking dish. Place the salmon in the dish, skin side down. Combine the lime juice and olive oil; brush over the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes. Place the fish in the oven and bake until the fish is almost opaque, about 8 minutes for each inch of thickness. Remove the skin.

While the fish cooks, prepare the sauce: Over a medium-low heat; heat the olive oil and butter together; add the jalapenos and saute until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the sour cream and heat through, do not boil. Remove from heat; stir in the lime juice, salt and pepper.

Transfer the fish to warm plates; spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with minced chives and serve with lime wedges, if desired.

I posted this one inside of anther thread awhile ago, but it's worth repeating. Love love this one:

Sauce
Dash of salt and pepper

Optional
Fresh lime wedges
Snipped fresh chives

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Lightly oil a shallow baking dish. Place the salmon in the dish, skin side down. Combine the lime juice and olive oil; brush over the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes. Place the fish in the oven and bake until the fish is almost opaque, about 8 minutes for each inch of thickness. Remove the skin.

While the fish cooks, prepare the sauce: Over a medium-low heat; heat the olive oil and butter together; add the jalapenos and saute until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the sour cream and heat through, do not boil. Remove from heat; stir in the lime juice, salt and pepper.

Transfer the fish to warm plates; spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with minced chives and serve with lime wedges, if desired.

You had me at Jalapeno! :LOL:
I'll try this, don't have salmon but I'm sure trout would work too!
Sounds yum!

When do we eat. You are making this at my house, right?:LOL:

Sounds like a great recipe, especially with trout.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

In about 2 months when I complete the LONG WALK/SWIM from here to Mebethinkingitstoofar :LOL:

Darn it does sound good though! Wish I could come, I'm out of sour cream anyway :( best not cook at 10pm. Making me hungry here :angel:
You cook better than me anyway Chief, think you should make the first batch and post me a taster then I'll do the second batch ;)

Thanks for sharing :)

Sauce
Dash of salt and pepper

Optional
Fresh lime wedges
Snipped fresh chives

I love a simple baked salmon.

Put some bread slices into a food processor,blitz until roughly chopped. Add some parmesan & basil and blitz again until mixture resembles a fine breadcrumb. With the motor still running add some oil and blitz till combined.

Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the salmon.

Back
Top Bottom