Roasted Maine Lobster with Crabmeat Stuffing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I wish I had the money to afford the ingredients. I'm not even sure where around here I could get some live blue crabs.

Roasted Maine Lobster with Crabmeat Stuffing
Serves: 2

For the stuffing:
1 # blue crab meat
1 t shallot, minced
1 t parsley
1 T mayonnaise
1 T bread crumbs
1 whole egg
1 t lemon juice
1/8 t Worcestershire
For the lobster:
2 whole 1 ¼ # Maine lobsters
1 stick butter, cut into pieces
1 t paprika
2 T lemon juice

Blend all stuffing ingredients except the crab. Fold in crab meat, and refrigerate. Split lobsters lengthwise with a large knife, remove stomach sac. Place equal portions of crab stuffing in each head. Crack claws with the blunt side of knife. Pour lemon juice on tail meat, then sprinkle with paprika and dot with pieces of butter. Bake in a 400°F oven for 15 minutes. Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.

Allen - she said, tapping her foot - THIS LOOKS AWESOME!

Even tho I have a wealth of great seafood here in Charleston, (including those live blue crabs!), the lobster here is awful; veeeery pricey, and the poor things look like they're half-starved. I may have to do CLaire's lobstergram to get some decent ones!

You don't need live crabs for this recipe; plus, if you've never picked crab, it takes a LOT of crabs to get a pound of meat! You should be able to buy fresh crabmeat at the seafood countr or store; you do NOT need 'lump' or jumbo lump for this recipe; backfin or 'special' will do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom