Roasted Salmon, Asparagus and Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Roasted Salmon, Asparagus and Potatoes
4 Servings

1 pound small new potatoes, halved
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal, 1" long pieces
1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 strip of lemon zest
2 garlic cloves, chopped
salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 salmon steaks (10 oz each), cut about 1-inch thick
1 lemon cut into wedges

Preheat oven to 400F. In a large, shallow baking dish coat potatoes with olive oil. Arrange potatoes, cut side down, in the baking dish and roast for 10-12 minutes, until the potatoes begin to brown on the bottom. Turn the potatoes over and roast another 10 minutes until browned on top. Remove dish from the oven.

Toss asparagus with chopped dill, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Add asparagus mixture to potatoes and stir to combine. Push vegetables to the side of the dish to make room for the salmon steaks.

Return baking dish to oven and roast salmon and asparagus 10-12 minutes, or until fish is just cooked through.

Remove skin and center bones, and arrange on plates before serving. Garnish with fresh dill and lemon wedges.
Serves 4

What time is dinner, Mish?
Seriously, I have always liked asparagus and potatoes with salmon, and you just turned that into a one dish meal! How much better can it get?
Maybe a batch of my dill sauce to go with?

Constance said:
What time is dinner, Mish?
Seriously, I have always liked asparagus and potatoes with salmon, and you just turned that into a one dish meal! How much better can it get?
Maybe a batch of my dill sauce to go with?

Thanks Connie. What could be better than an all in one with my faves...would love your recipe for your dill sauce. That would put it over the top. Thanks in advance. :)

This dish sounds great mish, three of my favorite foods combined in one recipe.

Thanks for the recipe. Wild salmon has been showing up here already, & of course asparagus season is in full bloom. Although I must say that the prices for asparagus have been high considering it's the season for it. This year I've been paying $2.49 to $2.99 per pound. Some places have even been selling it for well over $3.00 per pound. Last year during asparagus season, prices here were around $1.50 to $1.99 per pound.

What's odd is that white asparagus prices have been the same or lower. Go figure.

amber said:
This dish sounds great mish, three of my favorite foods combined in one recipe.

Thank you. Same here, Amber. Hope you enjoy :)

BreezyCooking said:
Thanks for the recipe. Wild salmon has been showing up here already, & of course asparagus season is in full bloom. Although I must say that the prices for asparagus have been high considering it's the season for it. This year I've been paying $2.49 to $2.99 per pound. Some places have even been selling it for well over $3.00 per pound. Last year during asparagus season, prices here were around $1.50 to $1.99 per pound.

What's odd is that white asparagus prices have been the same or lower. Go figure.

You're welcome, Breezy. Asparagus can be a little pricey here too. But, what the heck, it's something I really enjoy & 1/2 lb isn't too bad. Hope you like the dish. :)

My dill sauce is very easy. Sorry I don't have measurements...I just taste as I go along.

Mix together:
Several dollaps of Miracle Whip (I use Lite)
good squeeze of fresh lemon juice
splash of Worchestershire sauce
dill weed to taste...about a teaspoon
horseradish to taste

Leftover sauce keeps well in fridge for several days.

Constance said:
My dill sauce is very easy. Sorry I don't have measurements...I just taste as I go along.

Mix together:
Several dollaps of Miracle Whip (I use Lite)
good squeeze of fresh lemon juice
splash of Worchestershire sauce
dill weed to taste...about a teaspoon
horseradish to taste

Leftover sauce keeps well in fridge for several days.

Mmm,. Dill-ish, Connie. This would be good on/in almost anything - tuna salad, tomatoes, etc. Thank you. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom