Salmon, Horseradish, Mustard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
It's almost 2:30am, why the hell am I still up?

The color came out crappy, but that's the way it is when you use a camera phone. Three more days at the restaurant that I'm currently at, so might as well make some special and have some fun. I got this idea from one of Gary Danko's signature dish. Yeah, I stole it, but changed it of course. He crusts his fish and then sears the crust. I sear the fish first, then crust it and pan roast it. I don't know how he makes his sauce. I just made one up today with whole grain mustard, dijon, and Colman's. So here's my take on a Gary Danko classic. The unfamiliar names before the vegetables are because they are locally grown, and that's the area where they are from. The fish is a 3-4 oz sample portion for the waitstaff to try, so that's why it looks small.

Pan Roasted Horseradish Crusted King Salmon
Kahuku Sweet Corn, Waialua Asparagus, North Shore Grape Tomatoes, Yukon Gold Potato Puree, Whole Grain Mustard Beurre Blanc

looks like you didn't allow enough time to wind down;
probably still thinking about that recipe. this looks like it is delicious and
what a show plate, tfs Carolyn

Niiice!!!

Almost too hot to sleep in La La Land. Looks like the perfect Summer dish. Are those cukes or asparagus peeking out under the salmon I see, IC? I have a salmon & roasted cherry tomato dish (w marinated cukes & lime-scented rice) on my to-do list, & the horseradish may be just the thing to perk it up.

Salmon with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

As always, thanks for the inspiration & yummy dishes you share here. BTW, are you moving on to bigger & better things, or hanging ten for awhile ;-)?

Almost too hot to sleep in La La Land. Looks like the perfect Summer dish. Are those cukes or asparagus peeking out under the salmon I see, IC? I have a salmon & roasted cherry tomato dish (w marinated cukes & lime-scented rice) on my to-do list, & the horseradish may be just the thing to perk it up.

Salmon with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

As always, thanks for the inspiration & yummy dishes you share here. BTW, are you moving on to bigger & better things, or hanging ten for awhile ;-)?

It's asparagus. I'm moving on to another restaurant.

Chef Mavro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom