Salmon Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
We had poached salmon Sunday evening, and I have quite a bit left. It's been kept refrigerated, and I was thinking of flaking it up to make salmon croquettes tonight.
Do you think it would still be all right, or is 4 days pushing the safety limits?

Constance said:
We had poached salmon Sunday evening, and I have quite a bit left. It's been kept refrigerated, and I was thinking of flaking it up to make salmon croquettes tonight.
Do you think it would still be all right, or is 4 days pushing the safety limits?

Since the salmon is already cooked through it should still be fine. However when you cook the croquettes, you should make sure that the internal temp. reaches at least 165 degrees for at least 15-20 seconds. This will help prevent possible foodborne illness that can come from reheating previously cooked foods.

I appreciate the advice, friends. That is a cool chart, Jenny.

The salmon was a slightly rare, the way we like it, so I'm afraid it's right on the verge. I'm aggravated with myself for not doing something with it sooner. :mad:
Oh well, Queenie the pitbull will be thrilled with it. I found a package of ham'n beans in the freezer. It's cold tonight, so that will taste great.

I'd take a little taste, and spit and toss if nasty, and make dinner if ok ...seriously. you will not get sick from already cooked fish that tastes ok and is going to be recooked. But it might not be the freshest tasting stuff for a cold salad on day four!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom