Salmon Stars & Pesto Fettucine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Salmon Stars & Pesto Fettucine
Makes 3 servings

8 ounces uncooked fettucine
1 cup crushed Cheddar cheese-flavored crackers
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning blend
Dash hot pepper sauce
Dash Worcestershire sauce
2 cans (6 ounces each) salmon packed in water, drained and flaked
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
Salt and black pepper

Cook fettucine according to package. Drain, set aside; keep warm.

Combine crackers, milk, egg, seasoning, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Add salmon and bell pepper; mix well.

Divide mixture into 6 balls. Flatten each ball into 1/2-inch-thick patty with palm. Cut each patty with 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter.

Heat 1 teaspoon oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Place 3 starfish in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Turn; add 1 teaspoon oil and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Repeat with remaining 3 starfish. Set starfish aside; keep warm.

Combine cooked pasta, cheese and pesto sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange pasta on serving platter and top with starfish.

Variations: Substitute tuna or crab in place of salmon - or mac 'n cheese in place of fettucine for a kid-friendly dish.

KAYLINDA said:
Ummmmmmm! This sounds so great! I need help though...can you tell me what Pesto Sauce is? Can I make it myself? Thank you!

Pesto sauce usually(?) is a combo of basil leaves, evoo, pine nuts (or walnuts), garlic and Parmesan cheese made in the food processor. There are many yummy variations - sun-dried tomatoes is very good too. It can be used in so many ways (on pasta, seafood, chicken, baguettes, etc.). You can purchase store-bought ready-made at the market, but it's so easy to make at home in batches & save for later use. Here's a link I posted a while back.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7206&highlight=pesto

KAYLINDA said:
Thank you Mish! I'll have to get on it!

You're very welcome, Kaylinda. Start with the basil pesto to see how you like it.

I've shmeared it on a grilled (mozzarella) cheese sammich, filled hollowed-out little red potatoes with pesto, & an appetizer idea - watermelon bites. Peel and cut watermelon into squares/rectangles about 2 1/2", scoop out a little of the centers, fill with pesto & top with shaved Parmesan. Line them up on a platter & it makes a nice presentation.

P.S. Disregard the "amps" in the recipe. We discussed it a while back & think it's just a glitch in the system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom