"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood

Old 03-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #41
Head Chef

Wouldn't that be funny, if the box was merely traditional. What else comes unnecessarily packaged in some archaic way, just because it was traditional? Don't see many barrels of crackers.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #42
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLC View Post
Wouldn't that be funny, if the box was merely traditional. What else comes unnecessarily packaged in some archaic way, just because it was traditional? Don't see many barrels of crackers.

Sort of like Altoids in the metal tin!

Tags
recipe, salt

Salt Cod I have managed, for all these years, to have never used salt cod. But thinking about how much of a staple it is in the Caribbean where people are surrounded by excellent fresh fish, I figured there must be something more to it than preserved fish that people got a taste for during slave days. So, last night, I made cod cakes. They were quite good, very mild. While soaking the fish for a day and a half though many changes of water, I was struck that there was no fishiness at all after it was cured. I'll try another dish this week, if anyone has a suggestion. 3 stars 1 reviews