Sardine Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malabarcost

Assistant Cook
HI,
It’s me, again
I have been going through all the mails posted by you. Thanks for the cooperation and welcoming me into your fold.
This mail is a part of a small research I am doing.
In our area, the families cook almost all the food in water medium (Of course except the frying). All food like meat, fish, and vegetable are cooked with water and Indian spices. We add use little coconut oil or grinded coconut when the curry is ready.
All most all over India the food is made using the oil medium.
It is clear that the culture and socio-economical life will change based on the development of the society, but the cooking and food eating habit will keep its roots all through the family. This is the example for the recipes owned by different families coming to the outside world. A typical cooking or eating habit of a clan or creed will follow along with its population and any intrusion in to this will be a bare minimum. The ingredients of the food may differ but the mode cooking will be same. The example of this is the development and success of the ethnic cuisine restaurants around the world.
With my 16 years of experience with hospitality industry in and out of India created eagerness or curiosity to know the other group or area in the world who use the water medium for cooking the food.
I am sure that the reader’s around the world can help me to find out this.

I am giving a recipe of this method for you.

Sardines or Mackerels 10 Nos
Sliced Onions 50 gms
Sliced Green Chilly 03nos
Chopped Ginger and Garlic 15 gms each
Red Chilly powder 05 gms
Turmeric Powder 03gms
Ripe tomato sliced 02 nos
Or
Tamarind Paste 20ml.
Curry Leaves (Optional) 10 Nos
Salt to taste.

Clean and wash the fish, Cut in to 2 inch pieces. Crush the chilly, ginger and Garlic a little. Add all the ingredients together in a pan with 50 ml water. Cover with a lid and cook on a low fire till the fish is ready.

You can add a very little amount of edible coconut oil if required.

This will be a good combination with steamed or boiled rice or mashed potato.

Note: Any fish with white meat can be used for this. Chilly powder and turmeric powder is optional.

Hope you will enjoy this from god’s own country as they call. I will be giving more to you. Feed me the negatives and positives of this recipe through your comments. Put me on the write path if I am wrong because this is the first time I am writing a recipe. I may wrong when I put practical in to a theory.

Have a nice day

Malabar Cost.

Back
Top Bottom