This dish hails from the shores of Sardinia, and it translates to: Prawns or Shrimp and Lobster, Soup is Zuppa, however, this version is not a soup, however, it has a wonderful sauce and is served on a bed of Ribbon Pasta. One can select the pasta of their choice to place the freshly caught shellfish.
scampi e aragosta a zuppetta ...
prawns or shrimp and lobster stew with pasta ...
( FOR 4 )
1 kilo fresh large shrimp or prawns or crayfish
2 fresh lobsters
snipped fresh scallions or spring onion
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic ( garlic-holics: add more if you so desire )
5 tblsps. Evoo ( extra virgin olive oil - 100% hojiblanca if possible )
1 small dried red chili pepper or red pepper flakes
white wine: 1 glass of Italian variety white wine
1 tblsp. fresh chopped finely parsley herb flat variety
100 grams of fresh ripe juicy tomatoes
salt and freshly grinded black, rose and green peppercorns
400 grams of Ribbon pasta of choice ( fettuccini, tagliatelli, linguini etc. )
1. wash and cut the prawns in half lengthwise and de-shell. Wash under running water exta carefully. Do same with lobster, and break shells and claws.
2. Heat the Evoo in a large skillet and add the scallion or spring onion, bay leaf and clove of chopped finely garlic.
3. add the white wine, the chili pepper and the parsley and simmer with the chopped, de-seeded and peeled tomatoes ( this is your sauce and base to this recipe ) for 25 to 30 minutes. Cook on low flame simmer.
4. add the lobster broken in half and simmer until cooked through a few minutes and then the prawns for a few minutes until rose - coral color and cooked through. Readjust salt.
5. boil salted water and cook your pasta variety until tender and yet firm to bite
6. plate the drained pasta as the bed of the dish, then top with the tender lobster and the prawns and ladle or spoon sauce over the dish
and sprinkle freshly grinded peppercorns ...
SERVE WITH: white wine of choice, oven warm crusty bread for dipping and a green salad ...