Scallops, Grapes, Celery Root

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
Probably three ingredients that you'd never think to put together, but that's the beauty of food: you never know what may work and what may not. The celery root was cut into small dice, the grapes were sliced into rounds, and they were tossed together with Spanish olive oil, lemon, salt, fresh cracked pepper, and red chili flakes. The scallops were seared medium rare, then sliced. Micro arugula added a slight bite to the dish, and a balsamic gastrique helped to bring all the flavors together.

sounds and looks delicious, IC! I would think that would work, but you're the one who thought of it! I'll be playing around soon as my thesis is done.

cannot wait! :rolleyes:

I tried this recipe as you suggested to me recently, it was as gorgeous as surprising, although the finished job wasn't as pretty as yours. Excellent idea!!

I tried this recipe as you suggested to me recently, it was as gorgeous as surprising, although the finished job wasn't as pretty as yours. Excellent idea!!

This one is a little different than the other recipe I gave you, but it's the same concept. A good balance of sweet, salty, acidic, and heat to pair with the scallops. Glad you enjoyed the other one. LOL amazing what you can do with something as simple as a grape.

sounds and looks delicious, IC! I would think that would work, but you're the one who thought of it! I'll be playing around soon as my thesis is done.

cannot wait! :rolleyes:

I always go through phases of creativity. Sometimes I'll have so many ideas running through my head that I don't know where to start, and other times I can go into the walk-in, look around at all the proteins and produce, and have no ideas or inspiration at all. LOL that's why it's always good to have dishes that you keep in your back pocket for times where creativity is lacking. I'm sure you've been through that a lot as well.

i like the flavor combination here. i may have to steal this for my next multi-course meal i make at home.

Back
Top Bottom