Scallops.. Mmm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great, thanks!

Now to think up some sauces I'd like to serve it with.. Light sauces, though. Don't want to ruin the taste :)

To sautée, what sauces do you recommend making? I used a dry white wine/olive oil/garlic combination.

Also, what types of side dishes would you recommend?

I go very simple with scallops. I love doing the dry white wine, evoo, garlic (with a touch of lemon). i also love just a little bit of melted butter. Sometimes though I even serve them naked with just some course salt sprinkled on top.

I just saw a thread about asparagus. I think some asparagus prepared simply goes very well with scallops.

What the heck is evoo? I've seen it everywhere on here lol.

Nevermind, Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Gotcha lol.

I thought it was like a name brand of something.

Asparagus is a little out of my budget at the moment, but in the summer when it goes on sale I will definitely try it. I'll stick some lemon in with the mix!

You could use haricot verts (string beans) in lpace of the asparagus. In fact I cook them both pretty much the same when I saute them.

If you can find some lemon pasta (or make some yourself) it's excellent with scallops that have a nice crust on them. Season some flour and just lightly dust the scallops - give them a nice sear and use to top the lemon pasta. The lemon pasta can have a light sauce of a bit of butter, olive oil, s&P, and capers. Let all this reduce, adding the butter at the end to give the sauce some body. Top the dish with some chopped tomatoes.

img_597404_0_2ad6a28baf479750fb891925a2b302c4.jpg

Looks terrific KitchenElf, thanks for the advice. :) I'll try putting a bit of flour on them this time and get that seared look.

We've just been warned off scallops, clams, and mussles for the summer due to high concentrations of paralytic shellfish poisoning (PSP) and domoic acid.

We've just been warned off scallops, clams, and mussles for the summer due to high concentrations of paralytic shellfish poisoning (PSP) and domoic acid.

and where is this that these warnings are out? We haven't had any around here.

Isn't Caine's location Chinatown? I thought that was in San Francisco, but I could be wrong.....
Maybe the warnings are for west coast shellfish if that's the case, becasue I haven't heard anything about the warnings where I'm at.

I did not know that GB.
They should rename that Jack Nicholson movie so people like me don't get confused. :wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom