Seared Salmon with Balsamic Glaze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
You all know how I dislike salmon but, I found this recipe in my new Gourmet cookbook and I LIKED it!
Had to pass it on.

oh.. I followed the directions on this! I think it's a first for me.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons veggie oil

4 (6 ounce) center cut pieces salmon fillet with skin

Directions:
Stir together vinegar, water, lemon juice, and sugar in a small bowl. Set a side.

Pat salmon dry and season well with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Increase heat to high and add fish skin side up. Sear until well browned, about 4 minutes. Turn fish over and sear until just cooked through, 3 -4 more minutes.

Transfer fish to platter and carefully add vinegar mixture to skillet. ( LIQUID WILL BUBBLE A LOT AND THERE WILL BE A LOT OF STEAM, OUR FIRE ALARM WENT OFF). Simmer, stirring, until thickened and reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes. spoon glaze over salmon.

YUM - thanks for this recipe - I've got a whole salmon in the freezer that I didn't eat the other night so maybe tomorrow night would be good for this!!! Thanks

oh, and I will make the stuffed mushrooms too PT :oops:

Hope you like it.

It's really good, hope you like it.

The mushrooms are pretty wonderful too!!

Re: Hope you like it.

pdswife1 said:
It's really good, hope you like it.

The mushrooms are pretty wonderful too!!
looks wonderful pds! I'm having salmon tonight. I'll have to try this the next time I have make it.

Back
Top Bottom