Seared Scallops over Risotto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerseyjay14

Senior Cook
The girlfriend was out tonite so i was just cooking for one... since she hates seafood it was certainly time to get some for myself. I made a cheesy Risotto and seared some scallops with a little paprika. came out pretty good....

img_539409_0_ad656ddc441da38d8a28618594f04c2c.jpg

img_539409_1_a9ed78beff8151f199c9311ef2d392f2.jpg

Ingredients:

-1 cup Aborrio rice
-2 cups of veggie stock
-2 cups of water
-4 large scallops
-1 splash of white wine
-1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- paprikka

for the sauce

- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmasean
- 1/4 cup grated NY champagne chedder or any white cheddar
- butter
- flour
- black pepper

Directions:

add the aborio rice to a pot and add enough liquid to fully submerge it. simmer and stir constantly until liquid is absorbed. continue adding more liquid making sure it is sumberged until the rice is soft and cooked. add more water stock then i listed if need be.

in a sauce pan, make a roux and add half the cream. over a very low flame mix in the cheeses 1 table spoon at a time stirring constantly. do not add more cheese until the tablespoon you put in has completely melted and the mixture is smooth. this sauce takes time and patience but its worth it! add more cream once it gets a bit thick. once all the cheese is in, add some black pepper and stir. then immeditely stir the cheese sauce into the risotto.

add some oil to a cast iron pan or skillet on medium high heat. just as it begins to smoke add the scallops and sear for about 2 minutes on each side or until a nice golden brown. add a splash of wine, reduce heat and season with paprika while cooking an addition minute.

serve hot over the risotto. garnish with the fresh parsley

Last edited:
Hey I did something similar on Friday night although not as picturesque as yours JJ!!

Mine was bacon, sliced courgettes and scallops in garlic, white wine and cream over steamed rice. Hope yours was as tasty as mine was!!

Hey I did something similar on Friday night although not as picturesque as yours JJ!!

Mine was bacon, sliced courgettes and scallops in garlic, white wine and cream over steamed rice. Hope yours was as tasty as mine was!!

that sounds great... i dont really like bacon but ill certainly have to try that out substituting with proscuitto

Back
Top Bottom