Seared Scallops, Sweet Corn Sauce, Black Truffle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IC, I've been making a scallop entree at work, pan-seared, flip them once, up in the salamander to cook a bit more, when they're about "medium", pull them out, remove to a small plate and keep warm (carry-over cooking will finish them), and deglaze the cooking pan with a shot of white wine, then add in a bacon/veloute roux-thickened sauce. Served over ham grits with peas scattered over the grits, then sauce over the peas and grits.

Have you thought about pan-roasting the corn to help bring out the natural sugars? It might add a color contrast and textural difference as well.

Have you thought about pan-roasting the corn to help bring out the natural sugars? It might add a color contrast and textural difference as well.

Yeah, I tried a version to where I caramelized the corn when sauteeing and it was good, but it overpowered the sauce and all you tasted was the caramelized corn.

But I was thinking of a dish to utilize the caramelized corn in. I have a couple of ideas but haven't gotten a chance to try them out yet.

The only scallops available to me are flash frozen ... are they a good option or a "don't bother" ... especially the baby bay scallops? Saw them at Sam's yesterday and wondered. What should I be looking for?

Back
Top Bottom