She Crab Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
Anyone got a recipe? I had this stuff in Florida and I would love to fix at home. The cafe that served it would not give it up.

Most EXCELLENT she crab recipes are closely guarded secrets, including mine. I got a best of the beach award for it;)

I will say that starting off with some rendered bacon, sweated mirepoix, sweet red pepper, backifin crab is a good start.

Ending with a garnish of colossal crab lumps and a drizzle of sherry(or Bermuda Sherry peppers)is even better.

Paymaster said:
Anyone got a recipe? I had this stuff in Florida and I would love to fix at home. The cafe that served it would not give it up.

I haven't tried it, but here's one from the Food Network: Recipes : South Carolina She-Crab Soup : Food Network

I wouldn't worry about the crab roe; I called around about that once and was told that grocery stores don't carry it. Unless you live near a dock where watermen bring in crabs, you won't be able to find it. The soup will be fine without it.

TATTRAT said:
Most EXCELLENT she crab recipes are closely guarded secrets, including mine. I got a best of the beach award for it;)

really now ... well i will have to look into that ...
charlies on shore drive ws always my favorite ...

tat .. you should be .. its hard to beat them ..
i used to love to go to Duck inn on a rainy day and get a bowl
from there .. it wasnt as good .. but the setting made it perfect ..

Back
Top Bottom