Smoking Trout, step 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Step 6
Here the trout are well seasoned. From bottom to top, yakatori season. montana red season and the top is a mixture of both.
39817-albums960-picture5461.jpg

You are just mean, posting pictures liek that to one such as I who loves trout. I can't get out fishing until I renew my license. Those are some beautiful rainbows (or steelhead if they've gone to the ocean).

And did you know that brook trout are actually part of the Char family? But then again, we're not talking about brookies here, are we.

Nice job. What did you catch them on? I've been tying flies all winter. In fact, I just ordered more tying supplies.

Well, lunch is over. Time to get back to work.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You are just mean, posting pictures like that to one such as I who loves trout. I can't get out fishing until I renew my license. Those are some beautiful rainbows (or steelhead if they've gone to the ocean).

And did you know that brook trout are actually part of the Char family? But then again, we're not talking about brookies here, are we.

Nice job. What did you catch them on? I've been tying flies all winter. In fact, I just ordered more tying supplies.

Well, lunch is over. Time to get back to work.

Hey Chief,
The fish here are rainbows, caught them trolling stick baits and spoons. I went out yesterday and got a bunch of bows and browns that we through back, but kept 4 nice Brookies (char) the larges
39817-albums960-picture5462.jpg
t was 15".

Last edited:
Hey Chief,
The fish here are rainbows, caught them trolling stick baits and spoons. I went out yesterday and got a bunch of bows and browns that we through back, but kept 4 nice Brookies (char) the larges
39817-albums960-picture5462.jpg
t was 15".

yeah, those are brookies, not rainbows.

beauties nonetheless. nice job both angling and smoking, s&p. :chef:

yeah, those are brookies, not rainbows.

beauties nonetheless. nice job both angling and smoking, s&p. :chef:

But Bucky, look closely at the pictures on the first page of the thread. Those are definitely rainbows. You can see the pink streak on the sides. But I agree, in the picture you commented on, those are brookies.

Any way you look at it, they are eye candy. And the cooked photos make me want to hop a plane in time for dinner. The only thing is, it's a couple days later, and I'm not rich enough.:ROFLMAO::(

I have a friend who is a master fly tyer. He's developed a fly he calls the Super Duper Yooper Streamer. He states that he's caught more browns on it than any fly he's ever fished, and he's giving me a couple. I'm going to copy his pattern. I asked him if it would be ok. He gave me a positive nod. I am definitely looking forward to fishing season this year!

Last edited:
I like the color of the fish, cant wait for the final result :)
edit: i missed the later pictures-> wow amazing

Last edited:
Welcome to DC, SarahP!

OK, Joey, so how did they taste? Thoughts about cold vs. hot smoked?

You are a Renaissance man. Great pizza and beautiful fish. I see a smoked trout pizza in your future!

Back
Top Bottom