Sous Vide Chilean Sea Bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled some Toothfish today. Had forgotten how insanely buttery it is. Don't know where it came from other than the local fishmonger, but it was just plain good. Nothing but some mild spices on it and it was so rich I almost couldn't finish it.

Almost.

I don't understand this question.

Sorry I missed your question GG.
I was just thinking that some fisherman may not know or really care about the condition of the species. We see this all the time. Especially if no laws or regulations are in place.

Grilled some Toothfish today. Had forgotten how insanely buttery it is. Don't know where it came from other than the local fishmonger, but it was just plain good. Nothing but some mild spices on it and it was so rich I almost couldn't finish it.

Almost.

Toothfish? Never heard of it. Got another name or a scientific name for it.

Sorry I missed your question GG.
I was just thinking that some fisherman may not know or really care about the condition of the species. We see this all the time. Especially if no laws or regulations are in place.

Toothfish? Never heard of it. Got another name or a scientific name for it.

Patagonian toothfish is also known as Chilean Sea Bass.

Yep, Patagonian toothfish especially when accompanied with a picture does not sell very good.

Unless you're another Patagonian toothfish I guess. Can you imagine their Match.com profiles?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom