"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood
Old 06-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Ditto! Much easier. If Momma's not happy ain't nobody happy.

Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
I bet you know that already, sometimes it is easier to forgo a piece of fish rather than disturb the family peace.
i wish i could've been able to learn just that in my life. it's been my downfall, my cross to bear.

having a much older brother and 4 constantly irritated teenage older sisters, my dad drummed it into my head to be independent and not listen to amyone.

i think he thought he was doing me a favour, teaching me to be a man but it's been just as much a curse.

thank god i have a sense of humour and can laugh at myself and know when i'm wrong.

man, i need some smoked fish after that confession.

pretty please?

in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire
When you have a large family, you can't run a diner where everyone can have what they want. What when on the table is what they ate. As they got older and left home, it became easier to make the foods I liked and they didn't. Can you imagine making six different meals every night?

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote

Steelhead, Smoked Take one 18 inch steelhead, caught, cleaned, and filleted this morning, and place it into the fridge. 2 hours before dinner, liberally salt the fillets on both sides with kosher salt, and let sit for 30 minutes. Prepare the rest of the menu. Time to cook. Fire up the Webber with a divided bed of coals. Select alder sticks of just the right size. Get the sides cooking (chicken for DW and friend), and veggies. 20 minutes to go. Rinse off the fillets. Place wood on the fire. Lay on the chicken pieces and let cook for 7 minutes with the grill covered. Turn the chicken and move to the sides, but not directly above the charcoal. Place the fish skin-side down in the middle of the grill, enough for self, and husband of afore mentioned friend. Cover and cook for ten minutes. Take pictures for my new cookbook (still under way). Remove the fish and chicken to a platter, and organize artistically. Place bright green, steamed veggies around the platter sides. put it on the table. Bless the food and eat. That's what will be going on at my house tonight.:mrgreen: Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews