"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood

Old 02-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
Head Chef

Stir-fried Lobster with Spicy Sauce

Ingredients:
2 Lobster Tails
2 Tablespoons Black Vinegar
2Tablespoons Water
1 Tablespoon Salted Black Bean with Chili Sauce
1 teaspoon Corn Starch
1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Garlic
4 to 6 Green Onions
1 Tablespoon Oil (preferably peanut)

Mix Sauce: Black Vinegar, Water, Salted Black Bean with Chili, Corn Starch and Sugar

Cut bottoms of green onions into rounds. Cut Tops of green onions into one-inch pieces.

Cut lobster tails into slices.

Heat oil, add garlic, ginger and bottom parts of green onion.

When oil is very fragrant add sauce and bring to a boil.

Add lobster. When Lobster is almost cooked add top parts of green onion. When lobster is done serve.

Stir-fried Lobster with Spicy Sauce by powerplantop, on Flickr

Old 02-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Head Chef

Very nice

Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Mmmmmmmm
Old 02-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Executive Chef

You had me on the edge of my seat and I was yelling at the screen like I was watching a football game. LOL. What motivates me to do this, is I kept wanting you to remove the pan from the fire lest you over cook/ wilt the green onion tops. Well, you know how high the temp is, and you kept the dish in continuous motion. And, from the pic, the dish turns out perfect. Onion tops still crispy looking. Two ingreds and some sauce. Double Yum. Ok, back to my spectator section.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

again, it is just brilliant!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
Very nice
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Mmmmmmmm
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
You had me on the edge of my seat and I was yelling at the screen like I was watching a football game. LOL. What motivates me to do this, is I kept wanting you to remove the pan from the fire lest you over cook/ wilt the green onion tops. Well, you know how high the temp is, and you kept the dish in continuous motion. And, from the pic, the dish turns out perfect. Onion tops still crispy looking. Two ingreds and some sauce. Double Yum. Ok, back to my spectator section.
That is why I put them in when I did. I wanted them to help flavor the sauce but stay crispy but have just a bit of give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
again, it is just brilliant!
Thank you. I am starting to get the hang of stir-frying.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
Executive Chef

I recently started paying closer attention in your stir fry vids, you almost never allow whatever ingredient to remain stationary just sitting in the pan. It is called stir fry - duh. I just never paid that much attention I guess. This could be one reason why my veggies sometimes are over cooked beyond crisp-tender in some of my own dishes. Or possibly cooking too long before adding the next ingred. I put in what needs to cook longest to shortest times. Give the pan a shake and stir only occasionally. I use a medium hot burner and either a regular cast iron or cast iron chicken fry pan. I will pay closer attn to my own style and see if I can make some necessary adjustments next time. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
Head Chef

Most of the time when I stir-fry I have the heat on high. So I can not let stuff sit for long.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
Executive Chef

This sounds fantastic! The picture is gorgeous.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
This sounds fantastic! The picture is gorgeous.
It is good (would also work with shrimp). Thanks I am very happy with how the picture turned out.

Tags
lobster, recipe, sauce

Stir-fried Lobster with Spicy Sauce Ingredients: 2 Lobster Tails 2 Tablespoons Black Vinegar 2Tablespoons Water 1 Tablespoon Salted Black Bean with Chili Sauce 1 teaspoon Corn Starch 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar 1/2 teaspoon Ginger 1/2 teaspoon Garlic 4 to 6 Green Onions 1 Tablespoon Oil (preferably peanut) Mix Sauce: Black Vinegar, Water, Salted Black Bean with Chili, Corn Starch and Sugar Cut bottoms of green onions into rounds. Cut Tops of green onions into one-inch pieces. Cut lobster tails into slices. Heat oil, add garlic, ginger and bottom parts of green onion. When oil is very fragrant add sauce and bring to a boil. Add lobster. When Lobster is almost cooked add top parts of green onion. When lobster is done serve. [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40726522@N02/8482450309/][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8515/8482450309_bda7f24eac.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40726522@N02/8482450309/]Stir-fried Lobster with Spicy Sauce[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/40726522@N02/]powerplantop[/url], on Flickr [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyMU-u6gs9U]Stir-fried Lobster with Spicy Sauce - YouTube[/url] 3 stars 1 reviews