Stuffed Sardines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rom

Sous Chef
Hi there,

It has been so long that I have posted on here about food lol.

Just a quick question about making stuffed sardines. If I want to prepare (not cook) stuffed Sardines with egg/parsley/breadcrumbs/parmesan, is it ok to do so the day before I need to cook them or will they just go yuk? I believe the Sardines I am going to buy are going to be fresh, not frozen.

Basically, I want to get them ready on Friday evening and cook them for Saturday lunch. I just have too many other things to do and am trying to save time.

Thanks for reading :)

I don't see a problem if you do them no more than a day in advance and keep them cold.

You didn't say if the egg was cooked or raw? If raw egg then no, if cooked then yes.

Why? If it's kept cold I don't see what it would make any difference for 24 hours. My mother used to separate eggs when a recipe called for only the yolk or white, then save the other half for 1 to 3 days in the fridge before using it in something else.

Thanks. I would be cleaning and stuffing them the night before, as late as I can.

The egg will be raw, just making a stuffing of garlic, raw egg, parsley, parmesan, breadcrumbs and S&P, then straight in the fridge. I'll put a coating of flour on them just before cooking. I made and ate some last night, good golly, the 'aroma' lol

Back
Top Bottom