Success with Leftovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I had some pasta (spaghetti) left from my dinner party the other night that had nothing on it but a bit of olive oil, garlic, and basil. I also had a dozen shrimp scampi left and about the same amount of braised asparagus spears.
I chopped the shrimp and asparagus coarsly, and added them to the pasta with 2 cans of drained flaked crabmeat, one white, and one claw meat, half a can of drained mushrooms and a couple tbls of pimentoes. I mixed a can of cream of mushroom and garlic soup with 2 oz of cream cheese, a splash of milk, and some of the liquid drained from the crab meat, nuked till cheese was melted, and combined that with the pasta. I topped the whole thing with crushed Ritz Crackers dotted with bits of butter, and cooked in the oven, covered, at 350 until warm, then took off the cover and let the top brown. When it was all oozing and bubbly, I sprinkled the top with grated parmesan. We loved it, and I thought you all might like it too.
Thing being, I'd like to put it in my recipe book, but what should I call it? I already have a seafood pasta recipe.

Last edited:
Seafood Redeaux

Well, here's how it looks as I saved it. Please let me know if the recipe sounds clear to you, or should I give directions for cooking the shrimp and asparagus?

SEAFOOD REDEAUX
A great use for leftovers

8 oz spaghetti, cooked
8 oz cooked fresh asparagus
8 oz cooked shrimp
2+ cloves of garlic, minced
1 can white crabmeat, drain, reserve juice
1 can claw meat, drain, reserve juice
1 small jar pimentos, drained
1 can mushrooms, drained
1 can cream of mushroom & roasted garlic soup
2 oz softened cream cheese
½ soup can milk
½ can soup can juice reserved from crabmeat
1 sleeve Ritz Crackers, crushed
2 tbls butter
shredded parmesan cheese

Cut through spaghetti with a knife and fork a few times. Coarsely chop shrimp and asparagus and add to spaghetti. Dump in drained crabmeat, pimentos and mushrooms.
In a bowl, combine soup, cream cheese, milk, and crab juice. Microwave, stirring occasionally, until cream cheese is melted somewhat. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Combine with pasta mix, and turn into sprayed casserole dish. Top with Ritz Crackers and dot with small pieces of butter. Cover with foil and heat in 350 degree oven until warm…about 20 minutes. Remove foil, and continue cooking until bubbling. Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese and crusty bread on the side.

*note: you may substitute canned chopped clams for crabmeat, and broccoli for asparagus.

:question:

I lived in waaaay northern Vermont - just about every last name ended in ...eaux!!

I was definitely getting a tetrazzini feeling from reading the recipe - it sounds wonderful and very redeaux-able with lots of things.

Thanks for posting it! Very creative. I forget about pimentos - they add great flavor to dishes.

Back
Top Bottom