Think of this next time you eat calamari (pork rectum??)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bein' an ardent fan of all things pork (even chittlin's), this doesn't really bother me. Of course, I would object to bein' charged calamari prices for the south end of a north bound hog.

Whew. There's a note that says "Clarification: This story has been updated to emphasize "This American Life" didn't uncover any instances of pork-based imitation calamari being passed off as real calamari in a U.S. restaurant." It was about how some foods can have doppelgangers.

Whew. There's a note that says "Clarification: This story has been updated to emphasize "This American Life" didn't uncover any instances of pork-based imitation calamari being passed off as real calamari in a U.S. restaurant." It was about how some foods can have doppelgangers.
Yeah. I know. But, it sure will be fun to tease people when eating out...:LOL:

i'm with hoot. i don't mind eating everything from the rooter to the tooter, just so long as it's not called seafood and you get charged that way.

My boss took us out for a department (of 3) Christmas lunch several years ago. I got some calamari and shared with my coworker. My boss asked "How's the squid?" My coworker says "THAT'S what calamari is?" and turned green....

I got a bigger share at that point. :)

I turned on the radio at bed time the other week. "This American Life" was on with this episode. Whatta conversation to listen to while trying to go to sleep.

My boss took us out for a department (of 3) Christmas lunch several years ago. I got some calamari and shared with my coworker. My boss asked "How's the squid?" My coworker says "THAT'S what calamari is?" and turned green....

I got a bigger share at that point. :)
Ha ha... I have a similar story involving "lamb fries". ;)

Back
Top Bottom