TNT Curry Cream Mussels alla Snip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
2 lbs of cleaned mussels in the shell
3/4 cup of dry cider
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 cloves of garlic crushed
6 tsps of butter
3 shallots finely chopped
1 stick of celery finely chopped
3 tsps of curry powder
3 tsps of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of regular cream
1/4 cup of mayonaisse
handful of fresh chopped parsley

Crusty bread to serve

Place cleaned mussels in a large saucepan with 2/3 of a cup of water, the cider, thyme and garlic. Cover and cook on high shaking pan frequently for about 7 minutes or until mussel shells open. Leave mussels to cool a few minutes in liqour. Drain off the liqour through a sieve (into a bowl, you want to keep the liqour) discard thyme and bits of garlic.

Arrange mussels on 4 serving plates

Melt the butter in a pan, add shallots and celery and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add curry and flour and whisk for a minute. Whisk in the reserved liqour and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 10 mins stirring all the time. Whisk in the cream and mayonaisse and spoon sauce over mussels. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with slices of buttered crusty bread.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
It's definitely an appealing recipe to the eye. The trick will be finding the dry cider, but the store I would go for the mussels has a specialty beer store inside it (a rarity in my state).
And I assume yellow curry is OK? It's the only kind of curry I have...

It's definitely an appealing recipe to the eye. The trick will be finding the dry cider, but the store I would go for the mussels has a specialty beer store inside it (a rarity in my state).
And I assume yellow curry is OK? It's the only kind of curry I have...

Yellow curry is perfect :) Just use according to taste, I make my own curry powder and paste and it's not very hot. Don't want steam coming from your ears or ice pillows for your bum :LOL:

Thanks for the recipe, Snip. Going outside now to see if there's ice pillows coming from my bum... :ermm:

Seriously, it was fantastic.
I made a few changes... I was shy of 2 lbs of mussels, I used 1.5 lbs.
And I did not plate on four dinner plates. I only used one :huh: :pig:
No sense dirtying all those plates :chef:

Is this what is supposed to look like?

Attachments

• Snip's curry mussels.jpg
    Snip's curry mussels.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 381
Thanks for the recipe, Snip. Going outside now to see if there's ice pillows coming from my bum... :ermm:

Seriously, it was fantastic.
I made a few changes... I was shy of 2 lbs of mussels, I used 1.5 lbs.
And I did not plate on four dinner plates. I only used one
No sense dirtying all those plates

Is this what is supposed to look like?

Thanks Pac :)
You made it perfectly! Looks like a South African made it, you can move now :LOL:
Thank you for the wonderful pic! It sucks not being able to upload mine at the moment!
You did my recipe justice, I give you :chef::chef::chef::chef::chef: 5 hats!

You hit another home run with this recipe. I'll be making it again.

Aaw shucks! I thinks I'm blushing :) Feel like a kid that just got an A lol!

lol. I don't do much with curries. And like I said, something about this caught my attention. The curry, the cream... and the hard cider wasn't half bad either :LOL:
I'll be serving the leftover sauce on some cod later this week :)

lol. I don't do much with curries. And like I said, something about this caught my attention. The curry, the cream... and the hard cider wasn't half bad either :LOL:
I'll be serving the leftover sauce on some cod later this week :)

Now that's an idea! I would probably do something crazy like add baby shrimp and crispy bacon bits over the grilled cod and sauce :pig:

Stop it! Your making me hungry :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom