Tuna question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys, does anyone know how to make the TUNA melt sandwich? I know it simple, I got the bread and cheese part right, and I know I buy canned Tuna, but I was wondering how do you make that tuna mixture in the first place?

Also, have you guys been to a place called Panera Bread? They have this awesome Tuna sandwich, and I have no idea how they make that tuna mixture. What do they use?

I make tuna melts using a pita bread as the base; just lay it on a foil-covered baking sheet, then add in layers -

drained canned tuna, with salt/pepper added
diced onions (and sometimes olives)
Ranch dressing
Shredded sharp cheddar

Put it in the oven til the cheese melts and everything is nice and toasty. YuM!

Here's a different sort of tuna melt that I make for my family, and we all love it.

Bunwiches

2 cans tuna, drained and flaked
6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1/2 lb. Velveeta Lite, cut in 1/2" cubes
1/4 cup sliced green olives
3/4 cup Miracle Whip Lite
8 hamburger buns
OR 1 loaf French bread

Mix together first four ingredients. Add enough Miracle Whip to moisten without being soupy. Spread on hamburger buns and wrap each bun individually with aluminum foil. OR cut French loaf in half horizonally, and scoop most of the soft bread out of the inside, leaving 3/4-1 inch thick shell to hold filling. Fill with tuna mixture and cover loosely with foil.
Put on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and filling is warm.
Unwrap and allow to cool for a few minutes before eating. Slice buns in half, or French loaf into serving size.

So i guess that inorder to make the tuna mixture, i need canned tuna mixed with:

Fat free mayonaise (i prefer fat free)
Ranch, or some sort of greek /vinegrette salad dressing
smalled cubed cucumbers/red onions/salt pepper

is that correct?

Buffwannabe said:
So i guess that inorder to make the tuna mixture, i need canned tuna mixed with:

Fat free mayonaise (i prefer fat free)
Ranch, or some sort of greek /vinegrette salad dressing
smalled cubed cucumbers/red onions/salt pepper

is that correct?

There are 100 different ways to make a tuna melt.

I mix my canned tuna with Miracle whip
onions, celery and dill or sweet pickels.
Then put the mixture on one side of which
ever bread I have around, top with which ever cheese I have around and then the other piece of bread. Bake at 350 until cheese is good and gooey. :)

Back
Top Bottom