Tuna recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seann

Assistant Cook
Hey hows it going I was just in Puerto Vallarta fishing with and I caught a 300lb yellow fin tuna now I still have about 120lbs in my freezer we have been making sushi, tuna steaks, and ceviche but I was wondering if anybody had some recipes that we could try
please write meback if you do we are ready to try anything I mean we have alot of fish
th:chef:anks
sean

edited - link removed per Community Policies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi seann - click on this link - some of these recipes will be for canned tuna but some for fresh. People will drop by here also and give you some more recipes I'm sure - welcome to DC.

Last edited:
Don't neglect poaching some and making tuna salad from it. You will never eat canned tuna again!!

Seann, try this recipe:

TUNA CASSEROLE
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed in 1/2 tsp salt
500gm tomatoes, blanched, peeled, chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree (paste)
8 black olives, stoned and sliced
1 green chilli, seeded and chopped
1/2 green pepper (capsicum), seeded and chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
300gm tuna, cut into chunks
185gm cottage cheese
1 egg
185gm Cheddar cheese, grated
4 Corn or Wheat Tortillas, cut into strips

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F)

Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the garlic and onion and fry gently until soft but not brown. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, olives, chilli, green pepper and cumin. Bring to the boil, cover then simmer for 15 mins until fairly thick; remove the lid if necessary. Add the tuna and simmer for 10 minutes.

Mix the cottage cheese with the egg. Place half the tomato mixture in a shallow ovenproof dish. Cover with half the grated cheese. Spread the cottage cheese mixture over the top, then cover iwth the tortilla strips. Spoon over the remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.

Serves 4

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom