Tuna Steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Preheat broiler,oil the pan, in a bowl toss the bread crumbs,about 3/4 cup,2 tab parsley chopped fine, salt and pepper to taste 1 tab chopped fine mint,stir in 3 tab. evoo or just enough to moisten bread crumbs put either tuna or swordfish steaks on pan and put half of the crumb mixture on top patting them into fish steaks. broil the fish 6 inches from flame for 3 min or til crumbs are golden. turn steaks put on the rest of crumbs and brown 2-3 min more til done to taste. drizzle with 1 tab evoo serve hot with lemon wedges.
kades

Did you get those steaks yet ?hope you like the recipe.
ma

Nope, ended up at the Dr's office, Lab and pharmacy longer than I expected, by the time I got done I was lucky to get home before 7, too late to cook dinner. I will try again tomorrow if I can find some nice looking Ahi.:pig::pig:

Nope, ended up at the Dr's office, Lab and pharmacy longer than I expected, by the time I got done I was lucky to get home before 7, too late to cook dinner. I will try again tomorrow if I can find some nice looking Ahi.:pig::pig:
OK sounds like a plan. time to put the feet up so swelling will go down. :LOL:
ma

Sometimes there will be a small piece of tuna broken off from a steak. I will buy it and pour olive oil over it and let it sit. Just enough oil, not too much. After a few hours I saute it until cooked through and then break it up. It becomes my tuna sandwich providing I have the right bread for it. Tuna, celery, onion and the oil it was cooked in along with mayo. If no bread, then I use it for a stuffed tomato. :angel:

Ma, this was so good and I was able to broil it in my new Toaster Oven. I have enough left I can take it to work tomorrow for lunch with some coleslaw. Thanks!

Ma, this was so good and I was able to broil it in my new Toaster Oven. I have enough left I can take it to work tomorrow for lunch with some coleslaw. Thanks!
So glad you like it. I'm not a a big tuna lover but I do like it this way. Thanks for letting me know.
ma

Last edited:
Sometimes there will be a small piece of tuna broken off from a steak. I will buy it and pour olive oil over it and let it sit. Just enough oil, not too much. After a few hours I saute it until cooked through and then break it up. It becomes my tuna sandwich providing I have the right bread for it. Tuna, celery, onion and the oil it was cooked in along with mayo. If no bread, then I use it for a stuffed tomato. :angel:
:angel: thanks for sharing this with us Addie.
kades:angel:

What kind of tuna? Albacore is just plain garbage, like talapia. I watched Master Chef last night, where that useless mama's apron string sucking Joe Bastianich made an ass out of himself by stating, " catfish eat mud and algae." Catfish are predators and scavengers of animal protein. The man is a classless POS!;)

What kind of tuna? Albacore is just plain garbage, like talapia. I watched Master Chef last night, where that useless mama's apron string sucking Joe Bastianich made an ass out of himself by stating, " catfish eat mud and algae." Catfish are predators and scavengers of animal protein. The man is a classless POS!;)
Craig the tuna is Ahi Tuna as to Lidia's kid he is a fool. cat fish has never passed these lips I don't care for it and and I hate tilapia YUK
kades

Back
Top Bottom