What are some interesting things to do with shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanya

Assistant Cook
I was going to make a shrimpy garlic cream pasta, well i still will but ill still have a fair few shrimp left so i was thinking of trying something else sexy with the others!!

I can always go out and buy ingredients as I wouldnt be doing these for tonight.

To be more specific i'd prefer no rice or noodle dishes :( Just some bloody tasty shrimp.

So....
GO! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Last night at my house, noodles w/evoo, herb and pecorino sauce & sauted asparagus and proscuitto, with grilled shrimp and veggies on top. Really good, and done in 40 minutes. I always keep a bag of shrimp in the freezer. One of the most versatile quick ingredients available.

I've been eying this for a long time: Pasta with Shrimp and Sicilian Pesto

It looks amazing. I'll be trying something similar next week with peas instead of shrimp

Finished+FW+shrimp.JPG

And here I was going to suggest that taking them to the museum or sightseeing would be interesting.

But, if you are planning on eating them....well....then....why not thread them on sugar canes and grill them. Then, serve them with mango and coconut rum dipping sauce.

Wow, vyapti, copied and saved!

I have a deal with my Italian neighbors (twin sisters): They can take a lot of my prolific basil (I am the better gardener) if they will share some of their fabulous pesto with me (theirs is way better than mine, and I have no idea why!)

I will use their basil pesto, with a little garlic minced into it, for this recipe.

Looks wonderful!

Lee

tanya said:
To be more specific i'd prefer no rice or noodle dishes :( Just some bloody tasty shrimp.

BBQed shrimp if the peeling is intact...You will need bread for dipping, and a large napkin.
If they are peeled...Then Scampi or Quickly saute, and chill for a Shrimp Salad.....

Enjoy!

I recently had shrimp fajitas at a local Mexican haunt ... man were they good cooked with those vegies and spices. Not something I'd have thought of on my own, but I'll be doing it now!

one of our favorites is to first get plenty of fresh Italian bread and get it warm, then put 4-5 lbs of shrimp in a pan with sides sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper, a tiny bit of cayenne pour on some wine and add a cube of butter or two. Depends on your love of butter:LOL: Add more pepper if you like spicy.We like a lot of butter and when mixed with the pepper and wine, just dunk your warm bread in there grab a shrimp and enjoy..Bake about 10 min at 400 or til shrimp are done the way you prefer.
kadesma

Wow, vyapti, copied and saved!

I have a deal with my Italian neighbors (twin sisters): They can take a lot of my prolific basil (I am the better gardener) if they will share some of their fabulous pesto with me (theirs is way better than mine, and I have no idea why!)

I will use their basil pesto, with a little garlic minced into it, for this recipe.

Looks wonderful!

Lee

It was actually posted long ago by someone here. The pesto has had me intrigued ever since. I'm considering reducing a veggie/tomato stock just for this. A basil sauce and sweet peas just sound really good to me. I'll do without the shrimp, though.

So....
GO! :mrgreen:

A risotto with shrimp

Last night at my house, noodles w/evoo, herb and pecorino sauce

I've been eying this for a long time...

How about simply brineing them, with the addition of some bay leaf and pepper corn, then blanching them, shock the, a la cocktail style. Serve with some cocktail laced with some of that fine Scottish whisky? You would be amazed what a shot does to horseradish, ketchup, and lemon...

Or, for something completely different, run some savory biscotti through the processor, and use to coat the shrimp. Uber Crispy tastey goodness.

Of course, I like just a prawn salad in rose marie sauce.

one of our favorites is to first get plenty of fresh Italian bread and get it warm, then put 4-5 lbs of shrimp in a pan with sides sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper, a tiny bit of cayenne pour on some wine and add a cube of butter or two. Depends on your love of butter:LOL: Add more pepper if you like spicy.We like a lot of butter and when mixed with the pepper and wine, just dunk your warm bread in there grab a shrimp and enjoy..Bake about 10 min at 400 or til shrimp are done the way you prefer.
kadesma

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

We are fortunate to have lots of fresh and luscious shrimp in our markets - at about $10 USD per kilo. Not terribly cheap, but we eat them often. One of our favorites is to boil them with seasoning, peel, then serve them on top of an avocado half (aquacates relleno con camaron). I make a dressing from mayo, sour cream, my homemade chile powder, some garlic, cilantro and lime. Very very tasty.

I recently had shrimp fajitas at a local Mexican haunt ... man were they good cooked with those vegies and spices. Not something I'd have thought of on my own, but I'll be doing it now!

I LOVE fajitas. I will definately be trying this.

Usually I do them with peppers, onions, tomatos, sourcream, salsa. This would still work im thinking. Anything else I could chuck in there to make it even more sexual? :LOL:

I enjoy shrimp bisque now and then - cream, onion, a bit of celery and garlic. I put some Creole seasoning and cayenne in mine. Garnish with fresh shrimp and parsley to make it more attractive.

Just google "shrimp al pil-pil." This is a spicy Spanish shrimp dish that is amazing. I serve it with a salad and plenty of bread to dip in the juice. The shrimp flavor comes through very well. And it's easy to prepare. Enjoy!

This is a restaurant size recipe, so you'll want to cut down the amounts, but it is SO good!

Centralia House Shrimp

Ingredients:
3 lbs large shrimp
1 lb. sliced mushrooms
3-12 oz bottles chili sauce
1 750 mil bottle white wine
3 sticks butter
1 cup parsley flakes
1 tbl oregano
1+ bay leaves
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp Tabasco
1 quart olive oil
2++ cloves garlic

Directions:
In large pan, combine butter, olive oil, chili sauce and bring to boil. Stir in mushrooms. Add seasonings. Stir till thick & boiling. Put shrimp in dish and pour mixture over. Let stand 45 minutes. Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Let stand & cool for 10 minutes. Serve with crusty bread for dipping in sauce.

Back
Top Bottom