What is/are your favourite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[[Wayne, that mud crab looks quite a bit like our Maryland Blue!]]

That's interesting June, how big do they grow, the average size for these is about 1 1/2kg and the biggest I've seen is 4.2kg and 240mm [9 1/2"] across the shell. They must be 150mm [6"] across the shell before we can keep them and we are not allowed to take females, we also have a limit of 10 crabs per person per trip.

They are fun to catch but you have to be very careful with the claws, they can snip your finger off.

I know you are a fan of Barramundi but those King Salmon live alongside the Barra and are so much nicer to eat, they also grow to about 100lbs.
457575521_e797fc51fb_m.jpg
Unlike your Salmon they have very white flesh
137123884_73b0b4cbb1_m.jpg

My favorite fish? I have to change from my previous answer. My favorite fish is the giant one pulling wildly against me as I struggle to land him. Ever hook inot a king salmon with only eight lb. test line and a light rod? It's quite a fight. If you try and horse him in, he'll snap either you line or your rod. I can just hear that reel screem as the line sppols off against the drag. Oh yehhhhh.:cool: Took me ten minutes to land that fish.:)

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

My new favorite fish to prepare at HOME is (fresh) sardine, just because it's quick, crispy, and impossibly delicious.

Otherwise it's probably black cod, generally as misoyaki. I think I was hawaiian in a past life, even though I've never been there.

Raw salmon works too, especially salmon belly.

Ok, fish for catching? Smallmouth bass probably. On light tackle. Or a carp, yes a carp, especially on light tackle or a flyrod.

But for eating? And I have to call out Goodweed on this one. I didn't see it in his answers.

Northern Michigan whitefish. :mrgreen: (very versatile, yet hard to beat for a fish fry)
And also:
Yellow Perch
Mahi Mahi
Ahi Tuna
Walleye
Salmon
Ummm... yeah. I like Fish. ;)

Man oh man, what a question! I'll eat oysters, octopus and squid, but I'm not crazy about them. Love every other type of seafood. Crab and scallops are 1 and 1a. As for true fish... sheesh, I dunno. If y'twist my arm, I guess I'd have to say swordfish or red snapper, but catfish can be great, too. Grew up on smelt. Love mackerel, too. I'm sure I could go on forever.

Definately a king flathead. i like all fish but to me the flathead excells in flavour.

Like many of you have already said, if it's finny, or lives in a shell, or even if it has tentacles, I'll eat it. My DH watches in horror as I consume octopus - very plentiful here, and oysters. Our puebla, Bucerias, in Spanish means "place of the diver". There are plentiful oyster beds in the bay, and oysters are sold at stalls up and down the main street here. Of course, if they have been sitting in the hot sun all day, I'll pass.

I've tried Hilsha in an Indian restaurant it tasted good:-p
[SIZE=-1]Check this out "Hilsha recipe"

www . greatindianrecipes.com/great-indian-recipe-667.html[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom