What is/are your favourite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radhuni

Sous Chef
What is/ are your favourite fish?

My favourite fish are Hilsha (Hilsha hilsha or [SIZE=-1]Tenualosa ilisha), [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Rohu[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] (Labeo rohita), [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Pabda[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](Ompok pabda)

[/SIZE]

I generally like shellfish better than fin fish - shrimp, scallops, mussels. For fin fish, I like tilapia, salmon and tuna. I had wahoo once and really liked it.

haven't met a fish I don't like. From early childhood I've loved clams and salmon. Recently I have been using grouper in a number of recipes with great results.

same here, I like all of them really, but I won`t eat Roe or Caviar and I`m not over keen if a fish has loads of pin bones in it.

I love all kinds of fish, but my favorite salt water fish is grouper; favorite fresh water fish is bluegill, with walleye coming in a close second.

I'm like Robo410...I've not met the fish/shellfish that I don't love...Some more than others, but I love them all.

Miss Connie...when you said Bluegills I had to smile. I could write a book on the impact that little fish (and some of his cousins) has had on my life! The stories I could tell....Then there is Sac-a-lait (crappie, white perch) and even large mouth bass.

Salt water favorites...Some are Red Snapper, Grouper, Speckled trout, Red Fish, and Sword Fish. I can't list them all...

No....I didn't forget Mississippi Pond Raised Channel Catfish!!!!:LOL:

Enjoy!

My favorites....

Raw - Tuna
Baked - Wahoo (prepare like tunafish salad)
Smoked - Wahoo
Fried - snapper
Tacos, encrusted, veracruzana, blackened, etc. - snapper or mahi mahi
Shellfish - Shrimp
Freshwater - walleye

I won't eat Marlin, won't even eat at a restaurant that serves it & I rarely eat Salmon, I prefer my fish fresh & I have yet to travel to Alaska.

My fish choices are generally budget driven... So I eat a LOT of tilapia and salmon.
Both are seasonally available fairly cheaply, so I stock up.
Otherwise, I am a Markdown fish buyer. If the expensive swordfish, for example, is marked down for quick sale, I will get it.

Fresh caught trout ... cooked over a camp fire.

Oysters, shrimp and clams ( do they count as fish?)

I do not however like salmon unless it's smoked and made into a dip.

I'll go with Mackerel. Fresh or Smoked I think it's great. Smoked Mackerel mixed with cream cheese, horseradish, lemon and garlic combined into a pate is a favourite of mine spread onto toasted brown bread.

I am not a huge fan of fish. I do like certain fried varieties (meaning anything fried!) I also like all shellfish. Smoked salmon too.

Have rarely had a fish I did not like. One of us is agin fish so we don't have it often.

Adore swordfish, but have not seen it is over thrity years.

Am not a real fan of salmon unless it is the smoked, lox, kins. Don't know why it just doesn't make me happy.

Other than that white fish, oily fish, I don't care they are all good.

if i had to choose .. i could only narrow it down to fresh yellow fin from about a hour north of me .. and fresh flounder .. about 10 mins east of me ..

love most fish and shell fish. all time fav is fried catfish, hush puppies and cole slaw. a cafe near here , that is all they cook. yummy. and i fry up catfish pretty good on my own.

babe :chef:

I prefer seafood above all meats... I know some do not count fish as meat, but I would prefer to eat fish before beef, foul, pork, etc.

Fish... Mahi Mahi, yellow tail tuna, orange roughy to name a few. The only seafood item that I have come across that I don't like is sea urchin.

I LOVE them all!! Have yet to meet a fish or shellfish I didn't like except for, perhaps, raw Sea Urchin. And since I grew up on the waters of Long Island, NY, I've never been a big fan of freshwater fish. I'm definitely a salt water girl. One thing I really miss is fishing for my own or buying fish right off the boats when they'd come in from Long Island Sound or the bays out on the east end. Sigh.

As far as favorites?

All shellfish - mussels, clams, lobster, shrimp, all types of crab

Finfish - Bluefish, Mackerel, Flounder, Swordfish, Tuna, Wahoo, Striped Bass (known as Rockfish down here in the south), Blackfish (boy, do I miss that - can't get it down here). Really, there are too many to list - I really do love them all.

Love em all but tied at the top would be Walleye and Mississippi catfish.
I have tried most of the things others have listed on here, love em all. Some things rack higher than others not for taste but for memories, like fishing for bass, trout, crappies, perch, blue gills, sun fish, catfish and walleye.
Great fish great memories: catch em, clean em, fillet em, grill em and eat em.

I've never met a sea animal that I didn't enjoy eating. Nantucket Bay Scallops are my single favorite food in the world. Other special favorites include (Wild Alaska) salmon, walleye, Lake Superior whitefish, Wild American Shrimp, anybody's crab, oysters, both foreign and domestic, and on and on and on. :)

Not sure where it is that salmon is inexpensive, tho... Most Farm raised salmon is not safe to eat, so I don't buy it unless I know it came from Norway or Scotland. Around here salmon costs at least $11 per pound. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom