What is your favorite kind of seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer shellfish over fin fish. In no particular order, lobster, shrimp, scallops, crab.

I also enjoy fin fish such as swordfish, bluefish, salmon and tuna.

once upon a century dreary . . . I (business) traveled with a Swede who oft was heard to say:

I love seafood, I love all the food I see!

Lobster!!!

I did have 1 Anchovie and that is why I didn't have 2 Anchovies! haha

I don't think I have ever met a fish, crustacean or mollusk that I didn't like!

I agree with that statement 100 percent. :)

If I had to choose just one, however, it would be Nantucket Cape Scallops or Peconic Bay Scallops (same species, different location) both in short season from November through February, and only if the seas are fair.

For those of you who are so sure you don't like anchovies -- don't say that unless you have tried (and disliked) a FRESH one! A real revelation. ;) They are wonderful quickly fried, kinda like smelt.

raw talapia in sushi? hm, interesting.

Yep...they had sushi grade at the grocery store one time. I wasn't making sushi so I didn't buy it.

I pretty much like what everyone else has mentioned. One of my favs is a big fat sardine right out of the can. Not the little flat can, but those bigger oval cans from Italy...YUM!

I'm trying to think of any seafood that I do not like... jellyfish, yum, sea cucumber, yum, although uni and sake don't mix well in my gut, sea urchin is divine... I'll have to think some more on that. Maybe caviar, I'm not all that fond of it.

Toro - raw tuna belly - is indescribable!

I like most seafood, including anchovies and sardines. My faves would be scallops, catfish, lobster, and shrimp. Learning to cook them saves lots of money over restaurants.

Saltwater: For things cooked.. Lobster is my favorite, followed closely by shrimp. As for finned seafood, I really like flounder or mahi mahi.And if we're having sushi, Ahi tuna :) Not a fan of Salmon, though I wish I was. It's so pretty and I want to like it, but the only way I can tolerate it is if it's Nova Lox and on a bagel with lots of cream cheese and capers.

Freshwater: Crappie and Striped Bass. And as The Husband is an avid angler, we have tons of both in the freezer... along with lots of catfish. But I can't stand catfish. To me, it tastes like dirt. Not just a litle bit like dirt, but *exactly* like dirt. And yes, I know what dirt tastes like.. I've loved to cook ever since I was a little girl making mud pies in my sandbox... And I had 4 mean older brothers.. nuff said? :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom