"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood
View Poll Results: what seafood do you like best?
crab 9 15.00%
lobster 17 28.33%
shrimp 11 18.33%
scallops 1 1.67%
oysters 6 10.00%
clams 2 3.33%
fish- all types 10 16.67%
octopus 0 0%
other(not listed) 3 5.00%
don't eat seafood 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #31
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Quizzie
HI CRISTAL, Yum, crispy soft shell crabs. Do you know how to fry them?
I know it's a certain type of crab. " I don't know the name". I f you have any good crab recipes I would love one. Since, I am from Texas and if you would like a Tx authentic Mexican recipe. I AM YOUR GIRL.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:56 PM   #32
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
well, like a couple other folks, i have to say "i love it all!" once went on a weekend binge in dallas and had seafood every meal (but breakfast), and nope, never did get sick of fish & shrimp & etc.

buuut: i have a fondness in m'heart for oysters. when i was a wee little girl in corpus christi, i remember going to a restaurant with an oyster bar with the family. mom & my brother were lounging in a table by the bar, waiting for a table, whilst dad was up on a barstool chowing down on the oysters on the half shell. mom was clearly not interested in nasty slimy things like this, so my brother wasn't either, but i have to try everything. i ended up perched on the barstool next to dad slurping down raw oysters with a smidge of lemon at about 7 years old and have loved them ever since.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:00 AM   #33
Senior Cook

Tuna and haddock (because its sooo versatile! :o) )
Old 05-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #34
Senior Cook

I voted for shrimp because I like it alot and DH can't eat it making it a rare treat, but love almost all fish (didn't like shark though), lobster makes me drool, and will try everything. Until recently wasn't overly fond of calamari, but had it at a really good restaurant and ended up really liking it...
Old 05-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #35
Senior Cook

I love:

Walleye
Bass (fresh water)
Red Snapper
Salmon
Grouper
Old 05-14-2006, 02:49 PM   #36
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjohn55
... and SMELT!!! ...
No offense but the best part of the local smelt fries is the coleslaw. My grandfather would take us to them (smelt fries) and would try to bribe us into eating just one. We almost would until he would pop the whole thing in his mouth and crunch away. It was too much! Now my husband does the same thing - at least he gives me his roll and coleslaw!

It's nice being back here and having walleye again. My honey will batter up bass once in a while too after a good day fishing - yum!

A little hard to get fresh oysters here ... darn.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #37
Cook

Stopped eating meat 10 years ago. Intended to stop eating sea food too, but don't seem able to make that last effort.
My favourite is tuna.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #38
Senior Cook

I love it all, my favorite is catfish, fried in cornmeal and served with ripe sliced tomatoes... I think I am going to buy some today... Thanks....

Later
Old 05-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #39
Master Chef

This is a really hard one, as seafood is my #1 favorite type of food. In fact, it's 100% easier to list what AREN'T my favorites - lol!!

All in all I'd have to say that I'm definitely not a fan of freshwater fish. While I do cook trout VERY occasionally (once or twice a year at MOST), & do enjoy some marinated catfish once in awhile, that's it for freshwater fish. I just find them too bland to bother with.

As far as salt water species, I have yet to find one I didn't like!! The only exceptions would be certain types sometimes consumed raw as sushi - like raw sea urchin & raw squid. And I also don't care for raw oysters (but LOVE them cooked!!) But that's a texture rather than a taste thing.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #40
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
Hmmmmmmm, having grown up in New England, I don't think I can pick just one. I haven't tried a lot either, so that figures in. I'll cover a few I can think of that I have had.

Clams - Strips only. Not a fan of the stomachs.
Scallops - Absolutely!
Shrimp - Sure!
Crab - T'is alright, and would be willingly consumed if offered, but not ordered.
Lobster - Ditto above.
Blue Fish - I grew up on these!
Flounder - Ditto!
Striped Bass - Not 100% sure I've had it, but does anything named bass taste bad?
Cod/Haddock - Can you say fish and chips?!? Yum!

That's about all I can think of. Oh, wait, I've had quohog (sp?) chowder, which was alright.

Tags
None