What is your favorite seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also love garlic!

When you make this, buy twice as many mussels as you normally would.

None will go to waste.... :pig::ROFLMAO:

I could eat these until they come out my ears! :pig::pig::pig:

Me too I'm a mussels addict!!! :cool:

I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday. He came back from Belgium and said that up there they are mad about mussels and chips!

40791-albums379-picture2938.jpg

I must visit that beautiful nation...

Last edited:

I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday. He came back from Belgium and said that up there they are mad about mussels and chips!

You might love this one:

Mussels with Garlic Cream Sauce

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped fresh fennel
2 shallots, chopped
4-10 garlic cloves, chopped
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1 1/2 cups dry white wine
1/2 cup whipping cream
3 pounds mussels

Method:

Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.

Add chopped fennel, shallots, garlic and fennel.

Sauté until fennel is tender, about 5 minutes.

Add wine and cream and boil until liquid thickens, about 10 minutes.

Add mussels. Cover and cook until mussels open, about 5 minutes.

Divide mussels among 6 shallow bowls (discard any mussels that do not open).

Ladle broth over and serve.

Last edited:
This is my fav crab and pasta dish, I dont use fresh crab I use the sterilised claw meat you can buy in costco.
I eyeball everything so this should be about right.
Put two to three cups of olive oil in a pan and add fine diced red chilli and shallots to taste. Heat gently to infuse the oil, put two handfuls of cherry toms in and increase the heat gently till they split, give them a stab and mix with a fork to aid the splitting.Add the crab meat and keep the heat low till you get to a light simmer(if you have done it right it should look like oily puke) dump in cooked drained and hot linguine enough for 4 people, quickly stir, the linguine will act as a sponge and soak up the oily tomatoeeeee and chilli flavored liquid.:)

40791-albums379-picture2938.jpg

He was correct, visit Brugge the trappist beer is great,the chocolate is fab and the moule and frit are fantastic.

You might love this one:

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter
2 shallots, chopped
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1/2 cup whipping cream
3 pounds mussels

Method:

As I read it I can taste it.:)

bolas, i like the crab recipe, but did you really mean cups of olive oil?

no wonder your demeanor is so slick...

You might love this one:

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter
2 shallots, chopped
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1/2 cup whipping cream
3 pounds mussels

Method:

Now I MUST go get the 6 pounds of mussels! :)

Thanks Timothy for the garlicky recipe

bolas, i like the crab recipe, but did you really mean cups of olive oil?

no wonder your demeanor is so slick...
;) I thought that too but it was explained to me that most sauces for pasta need stock so the evoo is the stock.:)

Yes, he talked to me about the trappist beer too... :LOL:
This friend of mine is a beer maniac, he produces his own stuff, that I never tasted. It's time to give it a try!
In Brugge there is a brewery that produce a huge range of beer, you pay to be shown around then there is a drink as much as you can tasting.
Its was the first and last time I drank cherry beer.
The trappist monastry that makes the beer does not use yeast they rely on air born yeast to ferment like sourdough bread.:)

There is a restaurant in town here that cooks mussels in wine, tomatoes, garlic and butter. They are so good. They serve them with bread to sop up the yummy sauce.

When you said "They serve them with bread to sop up the yummy sauce", I could actually taste the flavor. It's one of my favorite tastes in the world.

Wine-Tomatoes-Garlic-Butter...what could possibly be wrong with that? Put some over-cooked moose butt in it and I might still eat it.

As long as there was enough garlic...

Timothy said:
When you said "They serve them with bread to sop up the yummy sauce", I could actually taste the flavor. It's one of my favorite tastes in the world.

Wine-Tomatoes-Garlic-Butter...what could possibly be wrong with that? Put some over-cooked moose butt in it and I might still eat it.

As long as there was enough garlic...

LOL! I've never had moose but if over cooked moose butt is anything like overcooked venison rump roast I say why ware such a tastey sauce. I'll just eat with the bread.

LOL! I've never had moose but if over cooked moose butt is anything like overcooked venison rump roast I say why ware such a tasty sauce. I'll just eat with the bread.

When dipping garlic and butter drenched, crusty bread in a Wine-Tomatoes-Garlic-Butter sauce mixed with mussel nectar, I have been know to grunt and snort just a bit...:pig::pig::pig: OMG, what a wonderful combination of flavors!

Also a huge fan of sushi, don't get the opportunity to eat this often as there is no decent sushi restaurant in my area. It's a real shame

one of the greatest foodie memories i have from my childhood is taking the heel from a freshly baked loaf of italian bread, jamming small chunks of cold butter in it, then dipping the heel in hot sunday gravy from the pot so as to cause the butter to melt.
a sprinkle of grated parm, and heaven ensued.

Also a huge fan of sushi, don't get the opportunity to eat this often as there is no decent sushi restaurant in my area. It's a real shame

$350 for a counter-top sushi freezer like mine and you can have high-end restaurant quality sushi at 65 cents per/piece, for as long as you like.

PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the "How To". Or, if several people PM me, I'll make a thread of it.

Last edited:
$350 for a counter-top sushi freezer like mine and you can have high-end restaurant quality sushi at 65 cents per/piece, for as long as you like.

PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the "How To". Or, if several people PM me, I'll make a thread of it.

Hi Timothy, my real name is SeveralPeoplePMme and I want those how-tos! :cool:

Let's start that how-to-sushi thread :chef:

Back
Top Bottom