What to do with crawfish tail meat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Andy! :)

It's been many decades since I've had them, and it was indeed a yummy dish. :yum: Back then, you couldn't get them frozen in the supermarkets. There was a popular chain restaurant in CA (can't remember the name) that offered a 'steak and langostino' dinner. I probably wouldn't have ordered that if it were called 'steak and mudbugs'. :LOL:

Gosh, last time I had them was in 1985. I was working in camp and there was a lake on the territory of the camp. That lake had millions (ok maybe less) of them. Couple of friends and I went "fishing" for the craw-fish. We end up with two big buckets full, huge ones, almost as big as a lobster. The chef cooked them for us. After campers went to sleep, we went and bought a lot of beer, oh my that was some feast.

Andy, I started keeping Kosher in 1999. Long after I came to America, where information and life is free.

P.S. the only one thing I knew about kosher was that we are not supposed to eat pork.

Andy, I started keeping Kosher in 1999. Long after I came to America, where information and life is free.

P.S. the only one thing I knew about kosher was that we are not supposed to eat pork.

I did not realize this was a recent change.

yeah, it was a major life change, probably just as drastic as move from Soviet Union to USA.

So before that I had a chance to taste all kind of things that are not only Not Kosher, they are probably barely edible period.

Last edited:
Back on track... Truffled crawfish mac and cheese. That's what we had for dinner last night. Used Gruyere and fontina, with parm and panko topping. Trying to avoid going to the grocery just because we don't feel like it so cleaning out the freezer, fridge and pantry last few nights. We've had some pretty interesting but surprisingly good meals.

Crawfish/Crayfish (mud bugs) are fresh water crustaceans and Langastino's are salt water crustaceans.

The ones I bought were from South America and had little taste. The texture was right, but no flavor at all.

I was the OP 4 years ago and I've never bought them again. They really didn't impress me.

Somehow I'm not surprised. We've never been real happy with the few packages we've bought that are commercially produced, even the ones from LA. And the ones from China, let's not even go there.

Regardless, my feeling is they are something that for the first time you should have the whole experience: A boil (with a good cook) with the company of some friends sitting around sucking head and eating tail, and, of course, drinking beer to cool the fire. :LOL:

Somehow I'm not surprised. We've never been real happy with the few packages we've bought that are commercially produced, even the ones from LA. And the ones from China, let's not even go there.

Regardless, my feeling is they are something that for the first time you should have the whole experience: A boil (with a good cook) with the company of some friends sitting around sucking head and eating tail, and, of course, drinking beer to cool the fire. :LOL:

Now THAT I'd love!! :bounce: I'll BYOW.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom