What to do with sea bass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the reason you're not being answered is what sea bass?

If you are refering to the Chilean Sea Bass- correctly called the Patagonian Toothfish - Grill it.

IF since you live on the Atlantic coast, you likely have Black Sea Bass-- many choices: baking whole; grilling- whole or fillets, Pan frying, brasing -whole and fillets, deep fry. I just re read Rainee's whitefish recipe and if you don't have the Patagonian Toothfish, it would be great.

Some refer to grouper as 'Sea Bass'.[Rainee's recipe would do well there too.]

Most fish recipes are interchangeable if you stay within 'groups' of fish - ie, 'mild, flaky fish' like flounder; 'meaty' fish like swordfish/tuna; 'strong' fish like mackeral; or 'firm' fish like grouper, snapper, sea bass (both kinds :) ).

James Peterson's book on Seafood is a wonderful resource for basic 'groups' and styles of cooking fish. I'd recommend you check out your local library for cookbooks - it's a lot cheaper than buying them!

Robt said:
If you are refering to the Chilean Sea Bass- correctly called the Patagonian Toothfish - Grill it.

Chilean Sea Bass (Patagonian Toothfish) has a large flake and high fat content, making it ideal for slower, longer cooking. I've never grilled it, and it wouldn't be my first choice. I prefer to sear it until it has nice crust, then either finish it in the oven or braise it (I've done it in anything from a tomato based sauce, a chowder type sauce and a cassoulet type; only your imagination really really limits it).

WELL! Will you look at who finally arrived -- VESPER! Good to see you here at last! :D :D

Audeo said:
WELL! Will you look at who finally arrived -- VESPER! Good to see you here at last! :D :D

Heya :D Glad to finally be here. Been a busy time for me; looking at a job change, working on the house and just got back from a wine and food thing in Canada. Hello to everyone.

Please go up to the Introduce Yourself board and leave a message. I haven't a single doubt that you will be inundated with warm welcomes!

What a Happy Friday, indeed! Another mentor of mine has arrived! (Now, where's Tuboe???)

Back
Top Bottom