Your favorite canned tuna is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GrantsKat - I can't say for sure since I LOVE capers & add them to everything possible - lol!! But I think if you just increase the olives a bit (or maybe add some chopped green olives), all will be right with the world.

By the way, have you ever tried Caper Berries? Unlike capers, which are the unopened flower buds of the caper bush, caper 'berries' are the fruit that results when those buds are pollinated, yadayadayada. They're about the size of olives & are somewhat "sweeter" (less acidic &/or tart) than regular capers. One never used to see them in supermarkets until they recently took off as novel martini garnishes. My husband doesn't care much for capers either, but he doesn't mind the 'berries". Might be worth giving them a try if you can find them. If you don't like them, you can always gift the remainders to a Martini-loving friend - lol!

GrantsKat - I can't say for sure since I LOVE capers & add them to everything possible - lol!! But I think if you just increase the olives a bit (or maybe add some chopped green olives), all will be right with the world.

By the way, have you ever tried Caper Berries? Unlike capers, which are the unopened flower buds of the caper bush, caper 'berries' are the fruit that results when those buds are pollinated, yadayadayada. They're about the size of olives & are somewhat "sweeter" (less acidic &/or tart) than regular capers. One never used to see them in supermarkets until they recently took off as novel martini garnishes. My husband doesn't care much for capers either, but he doesn't mind the 'berries". Might be worth giving them a try if you can find them. If you don't like them, you can always gift the remainders to a Martini-loving friend - lol!

Ok you convinced me to try them! If I cant find the caper berries, I'll use green olives(which I love!) Thanks!

Capers have always been a staple in my fridge, both the large berries and the tiny non-pariels. I will make anything with capers so this recipe looks good to me. Sort of a Nicoise pasta sauce.

I was buying starkist. Last week I boutght 1 can to keep in the pantry and lo & behold, it too has gone the way of the ripoff. It went from 6oz. to 5oz. - same price. I didn't notice til I got home and stacked it on top of the cans I had already that were 6oz. But you can be sure when I go to buy more, I'll be looking at all the labels and their sized for best value from now on. Geez!

Just a heads up that I amended the tuna sauce recipe to list the forgotten small handful of baby arugula that I had also added. Totally optional, of course, but since I had it on hand. . . .

Back
Top Bottom