Your Favorite Seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My fav's of seafood include -1.) LOBSTER 2.) CRAB LEGS &, 3.) PAN SEARED, BALCKEND TUNA....my mouth is now watering...must find wet-naps :)

I lived in Los Angeles at a time (early 1960s) when you could find abalone on the menu of better restaurants. Even as a teenager, I found grilled abalone steak to be my favorite!

As you may or may not know, today, abalone may only be gathered by recreational divers and not sold or used commercially, ending any chance for the average person from ever appreciating it. I feel fortunate at having tasted it.

Walleye isn't from the ocean but it is definately a seafood. The Great Lakes are the seas of the Midwest for us. I love it. Alot of bars and VFW posts have Walleye frys-especially during Lenten season.

Walleye isn't from the ocean but it is definately a seafood. The Great Lakes are the seas of the Midwest for us. I love it. Alot of bars and VFW posts have Walleye frys-especially during Lenten season.
When's Lent this year? Please tell me April 15 falls within the Lenten season!

I lived in Los Angeles at a time (early 1960s) when you could find abalone on the menu of better restaurants. Even as a teenager, I found grilled abalone steak to be my favorite!

As you may or may not know, today, abalone may only be gathered by recreational divers and not sold or used commercially, ending any chance for the average person from ever appreciating it. I feel fortunate at having tasted it.

Do you know they farm it and you can buy it online?

Easter is April 24th this year. I think it's interesting that even the famous Coney Island places in Michigan have vast Lenten menus available. I remember my daughter-in-law visiting and saying, "I know what Lent is, but what's walleye"? And, "all u can eat" "can you eat alot of it"? Ha I said some people can.. for sure.

Easter is April 24th this year. I think it's interesting that even the famous Coney Island places in Michigan have vast Lenten menus available. I remember my daughter-in-law visiting and saying, "I know what Lent is, but what's walleye"? And, "all u can eat" "can you eat alot of it"? Ha I said some people can.. for sure.

Well...you start with two or three fillets prepared the way you like (pan fried, deep fried, sauteed in butter and garlic sauce...). Then you can have one or two fillets each time you "clean your plate"..."we" typically each have 8 fillets when we go to the all you can eat night...my mom will only eat about 3 or 4...but then, when we used to go to the all you can eat lobster buffet, 6 "canner size" lobsters was the average each of us consumed...we'd bring our own "tools" ... (we also got blacklisted from lobster all-you-can-eat at one place...).

I buy shrimp and sometimes salmon at a grocery store, but mostly i have fish when we go fishing or someone has a good day fishing and shares, lol. So i guess my favorites are bass, croaker, whatever will bite :)

Hmmm i'd go for the spanish gambas & polpo in garlic and hot oil (as a starter)... After that sushi meditteraneo made of fresh sea-bass.. To round up carp filet sichuan style

Back
Top Bottom