Green bean with potato - great spanish recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Inspirationalchef

Assistant Cook
Preparation time: 10min, Cooking time: 30min

What do you need?

400g Green Beans
800g Potatoes
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Teaspoon of Paprika Powder
4 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
Salt

Clean the beans under water and cut them into about 3cm long pieces.
Put the beans in a pot with seething salty water and boil them for 10min. Peal and cut the potatoes in quarters and add them to the beans. When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water.
Heat up the oil in a skillet to fry the garlic together with the paprika powder and some salt for 2min. Then add the sauce to the beans and the potatoes, stir and enjoy! :) :chef:

I always wondered why my mother added potato's to her pole bean dish.
She did use Spanish and Italian cooking methods.

Preparation time: 10min, Cooking time: 30min

What do you need?

400g Green Beans
800g Potatoes
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Teaspoon of Paprika Powder
4 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
Salt

Clean the beans under water and cut them into about 3cm long pieces.
Put the beans in a pot with seething salty water and boil them for 10min. Peal and cut the potatoes in quarters and add them to the beans. When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water.
Heat up the oil in a skillet to fry the garlic together with the paprika powder and some salt for 2min. Then add the sauce to the beans and the potatoes, stir and enjoy! :) :chef:

You have about 1-3/4# of potatoes and almost a pound of green beans. I don't think 4 tsp of oil with garlic and paprika is going to go very far as a sauce.:ermm: I'm not even sure 4 Tbsp would do the job. Have you made this dish yourself?

Hey CraigC,
thanks for your remark - you're right! I meant 4 tablespoons of oil, of course. You can also use more oil to get more sauce on your potatoes, but I thought I'd recommend the "light" version ;)
I make this dish all the time and I love it, because it is so cheap, simple and yet delicious! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom